ok, got it. thanks.

so it saves all the backups? it doesn't just replace the last backup with the newest? that seems odd.
    08-15-08 02:07 PM
    ok, got it. thanks.

so it saves all the backups? it doesn't just replace the last backup with the newest? that seems odd.
    By default the date is part of the name, helpful if you save a text that you may need to recover 6 months down the road,
    I usually do 1 a week and delete the ones older than a month. You can also do a partial backup, now if you got a Bluetooth stack on your work pc, you could do all this without the cable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 02:28 PM
    By default the date is part of the name, helpful if you save a text that you may need to recover 6 months down the road,
    I usually do 1 a week and delete the ones older than a month. You can also do a partial backup, now if you got a Bluetooth stack on your work pc, you could do all this without the cable.

oh, got ya! so that when it saves the new backup the file name is different and therefore it does not replace or overwrite because of that.

not that i will, but could i change the file name if i wanted to overwrite the old backup?

and i don't think we are stacked at all at work!

what is a partial backup? i'm really just looking to back up my contacts and apps.
    08-15-08 02:45 PM
    You can try and install DTM on the thumb drive and run it off the thumb drive. That way you won't have to install it on somebody else's pc. I currently have it installed on my 8gb thumb drive along with other software like anti spyware, antivirus, movies, music, etc.
    I'm constantly on the road with my job so I'm always on a differnt pc and found that this is the best solution for me. This option lets me use DTM, back up my files and change my song list and movies all on the same thumb drive. Just a suggestion

RumpRoast

Last edited by RumpRoast; 08-15-08 at 03:14 PM.
    08-15-08 03:09 PM
    You can try and install DTM on the memory stick and run it off the memory stick. That way you won't have to install it on somebody else's pc. I currently have it installed on my 8gb thumb drive along with other software like anti spyware, antivirus, movies, music, etc. I'm constantly on the road with my job so I'm always on a differnt pc and found that this is the best solution for me. This option let's me use DTM, back up my files and change my song list and movies all on the same thumb drive. Just a suggestion

RumpRoast

thanks! yes, STONER suggested that above in this thread! it's excatly what i was looking for and what i'm going to attempt to do! i didn't know anyone else would want to do that also!

Last edited by chrisy520; 08-15-08 at 03:16 PM.
    08-15-08 03:12 PM
    Oops, sorry about that. - started to respond several hours ago but got caught up with work and forgot to finish up my response til now. My apologies

08-15-08 03:18 PM
    Oops, sorry about that. - started to respond several hours ago but got caught up with work and forgot to finish up my response til now. My apologies

no! don't be sorry! i appreciate the input!
    08-15-08 03:20 PM
    What a great idea.

The first step will be to download the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and copy the file to your dongle.

Use that to install DTM on the host computer. Set your backup destination to the dongle and save your backup.

Un-install DTM and remove the dongle.
    i don't even need to install DM to the computer. i suppose bc it is installed in the memory stick! it's been really easy to do!

plug in stick

click on DM icon which opens and runs DM

plug in device

backup

unplug everything

i haven't tried a restore yet but it should be just as simple i assume!
    01-10-09 11:17 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD