Hello everyone!

As you have noticed, I am a new member on the forum here

I hope I'm not making someone mad by posting this question, I couldn't find my exact answer on here so I decided to post my own.

Thing is, I suspect my blackberry curve 9320's Operating system is wacky and that's why it's freezing my phone up, draining the battery like no tomorrow and doing weird stuff... So I'm planning on reloading the software on the phone by taking everything off and putting back on. All while using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This is where I need some expert answers! - I've never completely taken everything off my phone before and I have important things to me such as MemoPad notes, saved texted messages, ect... once I Back Up my device I want to know if the Back Up saves, Saved Texts & MemoPad Notes.. Not that stuff will be gone for good... I want to know that I will still be able to get that stuff back onto my BlackBerry after I've re-loaded the software. I've tried contacting my service provider and they couldn't give me an exact answer. I wanted to know if one of you has experience this first hand & know for sure if the stuff I've mentioned will be saved or gone forever after the wipe!

Tried to keep this as short and simple as possible

Cheers,
    Laura
    01-10-14 10:20 AM
    Hi and Welcome! Never be afraid to post questions

Now, your backup on Desktop Software will save all that stuff. It's actually better than what we have now with BB10 and Link, so you should be fine.
    Just do a full backup and a full restore after.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-10-14 10:25 AM
    Hi and Welcome! Never be afraid to post questions

Now, your backup on Desktop Software will save all that stuff. It's actually better than what we have now with BB10 and Link, so you should be fine.
    Just do a full backup and a full restore after.
    Agreed. Fill backup and restore should work. Good luck!

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-10-14 10:30 AM
    I have done this several times myself with sundry legacy berrys and also as part of the device switching process and never had any problems with it so yes, as noted above.. Welcome to CrackBerry and please feel free to ask all the questions you want! Just one warning.. once you start posting and helping people out it gets really hard to stop and you get to know some really helpful, really knowledgable people!
    01-10-14 10:39 AM
    oh and please consider taking the time to update this thread after your reinstall to let us know how it went.
    01-10-14 10:40 AM
    Hi Laura, when you restore from a backup, you get everything back. I usually do a custom restore whereby I choose what goes back on as there is usually some stuff you don't need such as language files. Simply back up, then on your phone go to security and perform a security wipe by typing BlackBerry in the box. When that's done, do a restore on Desktop Manager and EVERYTHING (more or less) will go back on. Some apps won't reinstall so you'll have to do that from BlackBerry world. Apps you've purchased will be free to download. The other thing out of order will be the way you have organised your screens on your phone. You'll probably have to put the icons back where you want them. Other than that, it'll all be good. If your notes and other important data is stored on BlackBerry software (like the memo pad, calendar, tasks, password manager and wallet), it'll be restored. If you use 3rd party apps for those things, please make sure you back up that data independently of Desktop manager just in case it doesn't restore. All text messages, themes, email etc will restore no problem. I hope that helps.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-10-14 10:44 AM
    Laura, if it is OS7 device, you need back up using BlackBerry desktop manager, not link. Link is for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 10:55 AM
    Wowzers!!! I'm overwhelmed with all of your responses and I thank you SO much for getting back to me!

I plan on doing the process within the next week or two, for sure I'll come back and keep everyone posted.

Again, thanks for all the reposes much appreciated and have a great weekend everyone
    paper_monkey likes this.
    01-10-14 11:55 AM
    Hey again guys

I tried to back up my device using BB desktop software but the button to click " back up " is un-clickable.. no matter how many times I try to click it. Anyone know how to fix?
    01-19-14 02:07 PM
    Hey again guys

I tried to back up my device using BB desktop software but the button to click " back up " is un-clickable.. no matter how many times I try to click it. Anyone know how to fix?
    May have been my settings but my legacy phones always started backing up when I plugged them in.. have you checked to make sure you have the most recent version of the desktop software? Also, what is it saying for the last date you backed up tour device?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:01 PM
    Okay, I re-installed BB desktop software & am about to do a restore.... I just need to know how to do that... I synced all my files using the desktop software so I'm hoping that my memopad notes are safe with that back up... I just don't know what the next step is.. I have to reload the software on my bb? How does one do that?
    Thanks,
    Laura
    02-17-14 02:00 PM
    Another thing to note - I click Organizer Data and I check mark the box for Memos and I get a message saying " Organizer applications on your computer arent supported. Refer to the release notes at blackberry.com/desktop/doc for a list of supported organizer applications. " Does that mean if I don't check that box my notes won't be backed up :s
    02-17-14 02:18 PM
    Hi Laura, any luck with that. I've just checked my PM's, sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. It would be handy if they incorporated pm's in the CB10 app.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-23-14 08:07 AM
    So sorry, unplanned absence from CB, any luck resolving your issue..?
    10-01-14 03:44 PM