I don't usually post "armchair CEO" stuff, but I felt an urge to ask. Because so many people think BlackBerry is "dead" or "going out of business," would a "we're back" type of marketing campaign be a good idea?

We all know BlackBerry is horrible at marketing, especially in North America, but all this is for shoot and giggles.
    Evan_Cooper likes this.
    07-16-14 05:00 PM
    I would say anyway to get their name in front of the public would be great

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 05:16 PM
    The time for this campaign would have been when they launched BlackBerry 10.

But I think with a name like "Passport," BlackBerry has the potential to do some cool marketing with it.

Apple's iPad Air and iPhone 5S commercials are cool, they have the videos available in the App Store for free, so you see these people who are doing "amazing" things with their iPads and iPhones, all around the world, in various types of work.

The Passport will be geared towards the professional user (and us CrackBerry lunatics), so commercials showing it in different uses would be important. Maybe showing what graphs and charts look like, how easy it is to edit documents. One thing I think is so cool yet never mentioned is the Adobe Reader. My car insurance agent had to send me over an emergency policy renewal, as mine was about to expire, and I had to sign the documents. How did I do this? Well, she sent me the contract and I opened it in Adobe Reader and used the Edit mode to SIGN AND INITIAL 14 PAGES WITH MY FINGER, then saved it and sent it back to her. BOOM. DONE. It was incredible, and the agent called to confirm that she got my email, and asked how I did that because she had NEVER seen it before! I told her it was a BlackBerry Z10

I'm not some executive, I'm a student and work part time, but there are very useful features in BlackBerry 10 that were hardly ever touched upon.

I also think BlackBerry could do some cool giveaways or sweepstakes with the Passport. Maybe a Grand Prize of a trip somewhere for two, to document your adventures using the BlackBerry Passport, that could end up on their Inside BlackBerry Blog. Or a thing where people all around the world in different countries who buy the Passport, take a picture with their Passport... and they're entered to win something. The Keys To The City was a cool promotion. It was the first time I thought BlackBerry did something really cool like that.

I hope they build on that with the Passport's marketing.
    zmsox and Evan_Cooper like this.
    07-16-14 05:28 PM
    Biggest problem is when you talk about BlackBerry, a lot of people answer: "oh, I used to have one and hated it, changed it for X device".

Then you explain about BB10 and then something like: "but BlackBerry is going out of business". A silly argument which has been going around for over two years and still hasn't happened...

BlackBerry needs to market on TV, in magazines, etc., not just have a blog to check facts! Most of the people who consult it are us, BB users...

I want more BlackBerry support in Mexico, far more accessories! I'm fed up of seeing so much for IPhone and Galaxys, and barely anything for BB10!

My Z30 does anything my friend's devices do and several times, far more!

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-16-14 05:38 PM
    Unfortunately they'd have to admit that they were somehow "gone" to promote that they are back. Perhaps a " BlackBerry for business is growing stronger than ever" campaign but that's not very catchy..

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 05:43 PM