Installed BB 10.3. It has BlackBerry Assistant pre-installed (and it's pretty good!) but it broke type-and-go on Q10.

Typically, I'd just pull out Q10 and start pressing keys on the keyboard and it'd show me all matches from the phone. I never have to look for an app or open the phone dialer app. I just start typing and BB shows all matches (including option to dial a # if my keys match).

For example:
    if I type/press keys : fsz ...
    Q10 would show me an option to dial 647 ...

But with BlackBerry Assistant installed, this dial option is no longer appearing. It's broken.
    -------------------

Other than this, minor annoyances that I was hoping will be fixed (but haven't been fixed are):
    1. Alarm list is still unsorted. I've multiple alarms, 6am, 10 am, 8am, 11pm, 2am. In other OSes, when you look at Alarm-list, they appear in sorted order (2am -> 6am -> 8am -> 10am -> 11 pm) but in BB 10 it is still unsorted.

2. When phone is locked, I am still unable to enable "phone". In old BlackBerry Bold, I used to be able to enable phone dialing even when phone was locked.

3. Reader mode for email / hub is still missing. There is a new option called "Resize email to fit screen size" but this is not same as READER mode that we've in browser. When email is re-sized, sometimes text becomes way too small to be readable. So, I was hoping for an equivalent of browser reader-mode in email too.
    08-22-14 01:59 PM
    Maybe the features haven't been baked in? The standing BB10 devices were all slated for 10.3.1 so maybe there's some dependencies missing...
    08-22-14 02:27 PM
    Maybe the features haven't been baked in? The standing BB10 devices were all slated for 10.3.1 so maybe there's some dependencies missing...
    Well, when you type something, it now brings up BlackBerry Assistant. And BlackBerry Assistant does an instant search and shows matching apps, data. But it does NOT show option to 'CALL' matching # like it used to before.

So, I think BlackBerry Assistant broke it. Sure, they may fix it in final release. But I am just reporting what I see. Hopefully BlackBerry will see it and fix it

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 03:49 PM
    BlackBerry Assistant does an instant search and shows matching apps, data. But it does NOT show option to 'CALL' matching # like it used to before.
    Form what I can see blackBerry assistant doesn't seem to be pulling results from the home screen anymore (apps). Though I'm using z10
    08-22-14 04:08 PM
    Well, when you type something, it now brings up BlackBerry Assistant. And BlackBerry Assistant does an instant search and shows matching apps, data. But it does NOT show option to 'CALL' matching # like it used to before.

So, I think BlackBerry Assistant broke it. Sure, they may fix it in final release. But I am just reporting what I see. Hopefully BlackBerry will see it and fix it

Posted via CB10
    Update - Michael @ BlackBerry tweeted that this bug has been fixed already in their internal builds. This is not production build.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 02:08 PM
    You are aware it's a LEAK, this hardly warrants a thread with a heading as such.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:28 PM
    You are aware it's a LEAK, this hardly warrants a thread with a heading as such.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It is a leak. But providing early feedback is crucial. No way to know if it was a bug or intended behavior.

I think there is value in providing feedback earlier than production release. They (BlackBerry) are bound to miss some bugs when they test on their own. So, it helps if we (users) raise bug alerts before production release too. These maybe duplicates and something they might already be aware of but in some cases, these would be unique bug reports that they haven't caught yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:33 PM
    Yes. It is a leak. But providing early feedback is crucial. No way to know if it was a bug or intended behavior.

I think there is value in providing feedback earlier than production release. They (BlackBerry) are bound to miss some bugs when they test on their own. So, it helps if we (users) raise bug alerts before production release too. These maybe duplicates and something they might already be aware of but in some cases, these would be unique bug reports that they haven't caught yet.

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate that but the title of your thread should have reflected that, it just seems at a first glance that it was the official release that there was the problem . Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:43 PM
    People complaining about leaks lol

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:37 PM