RIM is so far behind the 8 ball it isn't funny anymore. Got this hilarious message when trying to download AppWorld Beta 2 via Firefox:

Beta Zone Home (Consumer - North America) BlackBerry App World 2.0

Install: BlackBerry App World

Your browser is not supported. Please use Microsoft Internet Explorer or download this application Over The Air via your device.
    07-29-10 01:24 PM
    Yup, pretty fail, trying via my BB now.
    07-29-10 01:26 PM
    Yup, pretty fail, trying via my BB now.
    Agreed. Doing the same here.
    07-29-10 01:27 PM
    SO, you try to download a mobile application using a PC browser. It doesn't work, and this makes you upset at RIM?

Just download it OTA, and you're good to go. I'm not seeing the issue.
    07-29-10 01:28 PM
    SO, you try to download a mobile application using a PC browser. It doesn't work, and this makes you upset at RIM?

Just download it OTA, and you're good to go. I'm not seeing the issue.
    You clearly aren't open minded enough to see the issue.
    07-29-10 01:29 PM
    Clearly some people just don't get it...
    07-29-10 01:30 PM
    Then, please, open my mind here.

I am legitimately puzzled at why you would react so negatively to not being able to download a mobile app via Firefox.
    07-29-10 01:31 PM
    Then, please, open my mind here.

I am legitimately puzzled at why you would react so negatively to not being able to download a mobile app via Firefox.
    Me 2....??
    07-29-10 01:33 PM
    RIM is so far behind the 8 ball it isn't funny anymore. Got this hilarious message when trying to download AppWorld Beta 2 via Firefox:
    Could you elaborate a little please? Who are they behind exactly? Does Apples site let you install apps to an iPhone directly from Firefox? Or does Google allow you to install apps directly from the Android marketplace from Firefox?
    07-29-10 01:36 PM
    If you really don't see how the BlackBerry platform is dated and dying, great, kudos to you. Ignorance can truly be bliss. I, however, see this forced use of Internet Explorer as just one of many shining examples of how laggard a tech company Research in Motion has become over the past decade.
    07-29-10 01:39 PM
    If you really don't see how the BlackBerry platform is dated and dying, great, kudos to you. Ignorance can truly be bliss. I, however, see this forced use of Internet Explorer as just one of many shining examples of how laggard a tech company Research in Motion has become over the past decade.
    AH. So your issue is with the use of Internet Explorer.

I do find it interesting that someone who has only recently renewed his commitment to the BlackBerry platform (9650) would be so down on it. Does beg the question what has happened in the last month to turn you so negative, when you put out good money for a new device not so long ago.
    07-29-10 01:42 PM
    You didnt answer my questions above. So I will assume by Apple and Google both not supporting Firefox they are behind the "8 ball" too. It seems you have some very high standards here. I can't say for certain but Im pretty sure the Windows Mobile Markplace doesn't support Firefox either. So looks like all the major players are behind. Im not sure which mobile OS would make you happy in that case.

You also aren't reading what others are posting, others have re-iterated that you can download it OTA. So they are not forcing you to use IE, as you keep repeating. It seems like you are just looking for an excuse to be angry, if you are going to complain at least back it up with something that makes sense.
    07-29-10 01:46 PM
    It worked for me after 2 tries.
    07-29-10 01:50 PM
    07-29-10 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD