I tried with Wifi only for the instango and it still says authenticating... The only instant messenger that seems to work with wifi-only is Jivetalk.
    06-20-08 08:01 AM
    Great News guys, now is avaible EQO 1.6.0 for blackberry Pearl 8120 and it Support Wifi, well, in the settings there are no informations about this, but if you select BEST TCP CONNECTION it goes in WiFi mode automatic!!!!!

C'mon it's time to smile!!!!! IT is the first VOIP&MESSENGER APPLICATION FREE works in wifi mode without any data plan, free calls all around the word!!!

cheers from italy...

dario..
    06-24-08 09:56 AM
    Great News guys, now is avaible EQO 1.6.0 for blackberry Pearl 8120 and it Support Wifi, well, in the settings there are no informations about this, but if you select BEST TCP CONNECTION it goes in WiFi mode automatic!!!!!

C'mon it's time to smile!!!!! IT is the first VOIP&MESSENGER APPLICATION FREE works in wifi mode without any data plan, free calls all around the word!!!

cheers from italy...

dario..
    cant find the app , do you have a link? looking for the bb curve

So can you use skype with this app? or is it like a skype app?
    06-24-08 05:31 PM
    well, more info about, here:

www. eqo. com

dario..
    06-25-08 03:50 AM
    well, more info about, here:

www. eqo. com

dario..

thanks rutenio321
    06-25-08 05:58 PM
    hey this EQO really works pretty well. I downloaded it after giving up on IM+, which won't use my wifi connection. I just used EQO to make a call form China to America and there was a little feedback, but overall very good for an intercontinental call. Can anyone explain "direct dial"? When you dial a number you have the choice between EQO Out (pretty self explanatory for those used to skype) and Direct Dial. I used EQO Out because I wasn't how direct dial worked and by the name it sounds like it just uses my regular voice service. The EQO website itself has no info on this, as it doesn't seem to be completely developed yet, although their product is working fine.
    06-26-08 08:37 AM
    EQO works with wifi pretty well. Nice app.
    06-27-08 07:28 PM
    Thanks!! Great Thread! I have browsed it many times before, but will be using it more and more now that I dropped my data plan and primarily use WiFi.

I am going to get JiveTalk trial along with OperaMini and some email clients once I am home from work...

Anyone have an email client recommendation?? Thanks!
    06-30-08 11:58 AM
    Wow EQO is pretty sweet! I just hope I dont get texting charges for IMs!
    06-30-08 12:15 PM
    haha... I am planning on testing out some of these free POP/IMAP mail apps once I am home from work!!

And I wish JiveTalk was free, damnit!
    06-30-08 12:18 PM
    I use LogicMail, Pop-Imap email utility, and it works in wifi mode it doesn't support html but i don't need it..99% html = spam!!! so..

best regards
    06-30-08 01:08 PM
    From testing the afternoon with my Curve 8320, no data plan at all; strictly WiFi!!

BlackBerry Browser Works (obviously!)
    JiveTalk Works
    LogicMail Works (although do not like the app!!)
    Tiggit Works (and like the app much better than LogicMail)
    Opera Mini Works

All included messaging apps (AIM, Yahoo Messenger, etc) DO NOT work!
    BlackBerry Maps DOES NOT work!
    Google Mail App DOES NOT work!

Still need to test : ESPN, Facebook, and many others!!
    06-30-08 07:47 PM
    i'm sorry, it's false, EQO 1.0.6 works in wifi mode...you have to check BEST TCP CONNECTION in the settings, and the next Mundu 4.0.4 too, i have it in beta test and it works now! have a fun, bye
    07-01-08 03:01 AM
    i'm sorry, it's false, EQO 1.0.6 works in wifi mode...you have to check BEST TCP CONNECTION in the settings, and the next Mundu 4.0.4 too, i have it in beta test and it works now! have a fun, bye
    So, Mundu works with WiFi only as well?? Does anyone know if there is a trial available, I did not think it was a freeware!

(*EDIT* : The app is $11 for lifetime use and they have a 5 day trial available)

And has anyone had the chance to test any weather apps?? WeatherBug, WeatherEye and the likes...?
    07-01-08 08:07 AM
    now you can download Mundu 4.0.3 from the site. I'm speaking about Mundu 4.0.4 (the next release) i have it in BETA release, cause i wrote to the customer team about the bug on the wifi connection of the blackberry version, and they posted me the new next release, that works 100% in wifi mode. In a few days it should be available on the site:

http:// messenger. mundu. com/blackberry/

bye
    07-01-08 11:12 AM
    If you prefer wifi application, Download Live Search, it includes weather conditions..

Microsoft Live Search: (THE BEST-weather-maps-cinema-web-gps-direction)
    http:// wls. live. com
    07-01-08 12:15 PM
    I will have to keep those apps in mind tonight when I test some more apps for use on strictly WiFi (no data!)

Is there any way I can get my hands on this Beta of Mundu?? And, how does it compare with JiveTalk?
    07-01-08 03:21 PM
    jive talk and mundu are the best messengers, in my opinion, anyway mundu is cheaper

if you want, i can give you it, but i have Pearl 8120, i don't know if it's the same for 8320...
    07-01-08 05:56 PM
    eh... might as well try. Go ahead and shoot me an email or a PM!! I would gladly love to try it out

Thanks a ton for the offer man
    07-01-08 08:00 PM
    I tried the same setup. . all wifi no data.

I got some of the applications I found that were claimed to be WiFI enabled.

After a week I looked at my bill and my BB was trying to use my carrier data and I was getting slammed

I called them and although now I have a data plan. ..for about 30 min I Had them CUT all data to the line. Once that was done my WiFI was smoking and many of the apps that I was having problems with were rokken

I think that by default this device attempts to establish some sort of connection to a BIS or BES server or the applications prefer the carrier singal for the initial communication.

THe point is to call your carrier and ensure data is cut. .. my curve seemed to want to hop on the data network regardless of what I told it to do
    07-05-08 11:45 AM
    True! I don't know any apps that works in wifi as primary connection... bes, bis, wap is prefered. Anyway be sure that you don't use wifi to connect to your Carrier!! wifi->Carrier->blackberry service! is possible!
    07-05-08 02:04 PM
    I tried the same setup. . all wifi no data.

I got some of the applications I found that were claimed to be WiFI enabled.

After a week I looked at my bill and my BB was trying to use my carrier data and I was getting slammed

I called them and although now I have a data plan. ..for about 30 min I Had them CUT all data to the line. Once that was done my WiFI was smoking and many of the apps that I was having problems with were rokken

I think that by default this device attempts to establish some sort of connection to a BIS or BES server or the applications prefer the carrier singal for the initial communication.

THe point is to call your carrier and ensure data is cut. .. my curve seemed to want to hop on the data network regardless of what I told it to do
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

This is probably the case for you, because you are using the 8320 (with WiFi) on ATT. ATT require data plans on Berries, as far as I know. And the WiFi on ATT can be kind of tricky because the device is not supported by ATT officially.
    07-07-08 08:06 AM
    hi, it's time to add and to update with some new apps the list i created.

InstanGo, yes another WiFi free MultiMessengers for you, it is pretty nice to send foto or file or Sms or small Vocal Message or just to try if you don't like Jivetalk-BeeTalk Consider that the stable release doesn't support WiFi, Only the last beta release supports wifi, in the settings check WiFi Transport and Http mode, it works for me! and you can download it via ota above:

Microsoft Live Search: (THE BEST-weather-maps-cinema-web-gps-direction)
    Untitled Page

OperaMini 4.1
    http://operamini.com

LogicMAil ( the only one!!!) 1.01
    LogicMail Installation

Rove Mobile file Manager (great application in lan network ftp etc..)
    Rove Downloads

bbTran ( dictionary-translator)
    BBTran - Universal translator software

Eqo 1.6.1 (multimessengers)
    EQO - Mobile VoIP, free texts, and free mobile IM with EQO

Google Search
    Google Mobile

Beyond411 (web search)
    Beyond411 Local Search for the RIM Blackberry

Vlingo (Vocal Utility)
    vlingo

Audible (eBooks)
    Audible OTA

JiveTalk-BeeJive (Multimessengers)
    Beejive | instant messaging, just about anywhere

Mundu messenger 4.0.4 (the next release available in few days-ask me it)
    mundu Mobile Instant Messenger for Palm, Windows Smartphone, Windows Pocket PC, Sony Ericsson and BlackBerry

Tiggit Mail Utility ( download blackberry 4.3 Os version)
    tiggit mail - 3rd Party email, IMAP POP3 and SMTP client for the corporate BlackBerry user

Instango 0.62.16 ( not a public stable version, it's a good beta release)
    http://get.instango.com/downloads/bl...a/instango.jad

have a fun

dario..
    Last edited by rutenio321; 07-20-08 at 04:04 AM.
    07-20-08 03:59 AM
    ^^ Nice Update ^^

Thanks for the info
    07-20-08 07:41 PM
    What's the best way to install these apps? Right from the handheld over wifi or connect through USB via PC?

Thanks in advance.
    07-28-08 08:27 AM
380 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD