For all of you who can't get LogicMail to work I recommend downloading the latest development snapshot build. I couldn't get 1.0.4 to work over wi-fi on my 8900 but once I got the latest build (1.9.0 at the time of this post) and enabled wi-fi in the settings I was off and running. The interface is also snazzier than in 1.0.4.

logicprobe.org/proj/logicmail
    08-05-09 10:08 AM
    For all of you who can't get LogicMail to work I recommend downloading the latest development snapshot build. I couldn't get 1.0.4 to work over wi-fi on my 8900 but once I got the latest build (1.9.0 at the time of this post) and enabled wi-fi in the settings I was off and running. The interface is also snazzier than in 1.0.4.

logicprobe.org/proj/logicmail
    where did you exactly find 1.9.0? i have no problems with 1.0.4 but i'd like to check out the "new" interface you mentioned...
    08-05-09 02:20 PM
    Look under development snapshot builds ...

Also liking the new interface

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 06:02 PM
    thanks, got it... but as i sent out the "long" email, it got stuck at some place... lost it and had to rewrite it... are you having problems with outgoing mails too?
    08-05-09 08:54 PM
    No, make sure you set your Sent folders appropriately to check if the sent message was actually sent.

08-05-09 10:15 PM
    No, make sure you set your Sent folders appropriately to check if the sent message was actually sent.

hmm... i realised the new settings in 1.9.0 requires us to set drafts and sent folders... i did all that...
    though as i send an email, it'd show me "Outbox (1)" in bold and says "opening connection..." at the bottom.. stays like that forever... i'm sure i got the smtp settings right too.... we'll see, if it works for you, it's something i havent setup right...
    08-06-09 12:44 PM
    Yeah make sure the port numbers are setup correctly and that SSL option is checked (if need be) and authentication type is selected ... Plain works for gmail.

08-06-09 10:46 PM
    Yeah make sure the port numbers are setup correctly and that SSL option is checked (if need be) and authentication type is selected ... Plain works for gmail.

got it... had to uncheck MDS proxy server.... not sure what that is, but outlook doesn't mention that in any of the settings... 1.9.0 is awesome... 2.0 is on the way too
    08-07-09 01:06 PM
    Has anyone had any problems with the 1.9 build? I tried to install it but got some type of error on install. I was able to run the application but once I logged out, I couldn't find an icon for logicmail to start the program again (even did a battery pull). I completely removed the stable 1.0.4 version before installing the development release. Any ideas?
    08-07-09 02:09 PM
    Update: problem solved - I was having some concurrent theme issues that was messing up my icons. Logicmail is fine now. The 1.9 build is pretty slick - can't wait for 2.0
    08-07-09 02:41 PM
    I agree, can't wait for the automatic check mail function ... until then, I have to run tiggit mail in parallel

08-07-09 05:08 PM
    its Mobile GMAPS

and its FREE

mgmaps dot com (sorry they will not let me post a link)

I just installed, and it seems to work via WIFI here at work - plus access my GPS location
    08-07-09 06:45 PM
    Indeed MGMaps is pretty sweet. Check out my guide in the GPS forum on how to set it up to use stored maps if you fall outside of the WiFi signal

08-07-09 08:03 PM
    Does App world work with wifi only?
    08-09-09 05:35 PM
    Yes, but you have to download it from m.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 09:58 PM
    For people saying if apps work via wifi: make sure you DON'T have the proper servicebooks. Manu people who have uses for this thread most likely has wifi only and no data..so no servicebooks

08-23-09 03:13 AM
    Here's my app list that use WiFi w/o data plan:

Palringo (IM) < i use this because it has almost all IM's including Facebook

Instango (IM) < i use this sometimes bcos it has bb shortcuts integrated

LogicMail (imap/pop email)

Opera Mini (browser)

DailyHoroscope

Bolt (another browser)

Mango (for reading japanese mangas)

Flycast (radio)

Crackberry App Store

FreeBooks (eBooks)

BBTran (dictionary and translator)

UberTwitter (Twitter App) < didnt download the latest one bcos i dont like ads. well the only thing i find useful in the latest version is the TwitVid integration.

-ALL mentioned above are FREE-

P.S. anybody got an extra SocialScope invite? haha. been waiting for MONTHS.

btw, SocialScope is a free twitter+facebook app for those who don't know

follow me on Twitter! @FIENDpao
    Last edited by paodomingo; 08-26-09 at 12:59 PM.
    08-26-09 12:54 PM
    I dunno if this has been established..but facebook does not work

08-31-09 01:39 AM
    my TwitterBerry won't work anymore over wifi... can anybody confirm?

EDIT: never mind, it works... just had to download the latest version...
    Last edited by gipfeli; 09-07-09 at 10:08 PM.
    09-04-09 10:18 PM
    facebook app requires a data pla, an email and im plan wont work for it.
    09-05-09 05:12 PM
    Complete different topic:

for those who expect to be hit with the required data plan by AT&T, please let us know... my AT&T bold may have to go 3G after all... not sure when i will be the "lucky" one
    09-10-09 12:44 AM
    Twixtreme- twitter app works great with just wifi. No data plan

09-13-09 07:51 AM
    Twixtreme- twitter app works great with just wifi. No data plan

they weren't kidding when they claim that it's the best twitter client for our BBs... interface is pretty badass and smooth... thanks!
    09-13-09 11:19 AM
    The Chase Mobile online banking app works (I'm not sure whether is is really an app or just a web page, but it works).
    09-24-09 08:55 PM
    Question About Opera Mini.

I have a Blackberry Curve 8320 without an internet service plan. If I put Opera Mini onto my phone will I get charge for using it? I am curently using WiFi through my Linksys at home.

Please help, thanks!
    10-08-09 08:37 PM
380 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD