Hi,

I am developing an application which should not be uninstalled manually from device or through desktop manager.

Want suggestions if this is possible and how? If not then, is there any alternative way to create an application that will not be visible in applications list on device or in desktop manager (kinda hidden application (not a library but an app) ) ?

Thanks,
    Alpesh
    09-29-11 06:25 AM
    Take a look at IT policies / BES.
    09-29-11 06:39 AM
    Why would anybody want such an app?
    09-29-11 06:55 AM
    Curious to know what this application would do. Usually applications that hide and can't be uninstalled by the user are used to monitor/spy on people.
    09-29-11 07:34 AM
    guys,

no spying and no monitoring the user data.

First of all, it is a UI application and not a library, so user can install the application by accepting the terms.

I am developing kind of admin level application which can not be deleted.

I am doing stuff to protect user data and I came across the scenario when someone can easily uninstall my app through desktop manager and have access to user data.

Thanks,
    Alpesh
    09-30-11 12:23 AM
    guys,

no spying and no monitoring the user data.

First of all, it is a UI application and not a library, so user can install the application by accepting the terms.

I am developing kind of admin level application which can not be deleted.

I am doing stuff to protect user data and I came across the scenario when someone can easily uninstall my app through desktop manager and have access to user data.

Thanks,
    Alpesh
    Have a look at BES or BESX, the tools are there, all apps can be deleted otherwise unless they are part of the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 05:45 AM
    Thanks a lot for the reply.

I was going through BSE policy and found techniques to enable/ disable certain features but just wondering how the BES will serve purpose if I am not a BES admin and also my application goes to users across the globe.

Thanks and Regards,
    Alpesh

10-04-11 01:39 AM
    Thanks a lot for the reply.

I was going through BSE policy and found techniques to enable/ disable certain features but just wondering how the BES will serve purpose if I am not a BES admin and also my application goes to users across the globe.

Thanks and Regards,
    Alpesh

Forget about it, without BES and IT Policies the blackberry user has complete control over any app, install, delete and all permissions, for example I can download a free ad supported app, I can then deny it any connection, result, ad free app.

Blackberry wouldn't be the secure platform it is if what you want would be possible.

10-04-11 02:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD