Good to see BlackBerry DTEK60 getting postive reviews from media. Hope we will see rise in Hardware sales.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 06:09 AM
    Hope so too. BB+android is a great combination.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-16-16 06:26 AM
    We never see the sales numbers so who knows ?
    11-16-16 06:30 AM
    Doubt it. All of the good reviews in the world aren't going to sell a phone that no one knows about.
    11-16-16 07:04 AM
    Doubt it. All of the good reviews in the world aren't going to sell a phone that no one knows about.
    Exactly!! Another marketing failure.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 08:49 AM
    It's pretty much looking like BlackBerry hardware is irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 09:08 AM
    I think whatever site or channel is reviewing the device, they got something called viewers and subscribers. It'll help people know about the device,, don't know about the sales though.

Keep Calm N Listen To Babbu Maan.
    11-16-16 09:30 AM
    I hope that the positive reviews propel into sales .
    11-16-16 09:40 AM
    It's pretty hard to find them to in Canada 60 is not available from any carriers that I have seen

#luvmybb10os
    11-16-16 10:00 AM
    I would hope so, there's only one way to go from zero.
    11-16-16 10:02 AM
    Verizon doesn't carry DTEK60, so it's looking like Samsung, Pixel, or LG for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 10:20 AM
    It's pretty hard to find them to in Canada 60 is not available from any carriers that I have seen

#luvmybb10os
    And may never be
    11-16-16 05:50 PM

#luvmybb10os
    Canada is strange. There are so many interesting phones around, and yet you can't find any of them in stores. The only places to get a phone are carrier stores, places like best buy that just resell carrier phones, or stores like wireless wave or wow wireless that just resell ...carrier phones. Otherwise, the odd computer store might carry some Acer or Blu devices, but that's about it.

A small mall near me has no less than 10 different phone "stores", and each one literally has the exact same selection of devices, at the same prices.

What does this have to do with BB? Nothing, other than to say they are in good company.
    11-16-16 06:56 PM
    The carriers are somewhat promoting Alcatel over DTEK. BlackBerry would need to lower the price difference and market the availability OS updates .
    11-16-16 07:11 PM
    Still i prefer to go with BB OS than any other OS
    11-17-16 07:13 AM
    Hope so too. BB+android is a great combination.
    Wow! That is a 1st at CB!

IMO, BB should've done it long ago, imagine how far they'd be by now, ah well.
    11-17-16 07:27 AM
    Wow! That is a 1st at CB!

IMO, BB should've done it long ago, imagine how far they'd be by now, ah well.
    About the same place they are now.....

They really could not have gone to "pure" Android, five or six years ago. Would have had to make a custom OS based on Android like Amazon did, but it would have been ignored by developers and customers for the same reason BB10 was.

Wasn't until Google improved Android's "inherent" security capabilities and until Chip manufactures provided better on chip security.... that this was even possible. And without security, BlackBerry would be just another Android OEM fighting to see who can sell phones the cheapest.
    11-17-16 07:41 AM
    BlackBerry don't have good market now

U can't see sudden raise in sales in sharp time

It will take time to spread up the mouth talk

Need to see after one month

Posted from Q10 via CB10
    11-17-16 07:52 AM
    I would hope so, there's only one way to go from zero.
    Actually two ways.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    11-17-16 08:07 AM
    We never see the sales numbers so who knows ?
    We don't see them for a reason, so small that you can't see them. If they sell good they would brag about it already.
    11-17-16 08:29 AM
    Good to see BlackBerry DTEK60 getting postive reviews from media. Hope we will see rise in Hardware sales.

Posted via CB10
    I think because Blackberry now runs Android its a good thing mentally for customers because there is no fear of them losing apps or their way of working. Its simply another android device but now made by their 'childhood' or early work days smartphone brand. Which could be a good thing. I hope Blackberry continues to grow.
    11-17-16 10:01 AM
    About the same place they are now.....

They really could not have gone to "pure" Android, five or six years ago. Would have had to make a custom OS based on Android like Amazon did, but it would have been ignored by developers and customers for the same reason BB10 was.

Wasn't until Google improved Android's "inherent" security capabilities and until Chip manufactures provided better on chip security.... that this was even possible. And without security, BlackBerry would be just another Android OEM fighting to see who can sell phones the cheapest.
    Carriers would prefer to sell an Alcatel because they are cheaper. Most consumers are not prepared extra for security. Carriers do not want to advertise that their other phones may not be as secure. Lastly, many consumers want a white phone option.
    11-17-16 10:24 AM
    I think because Blackberry now runs Android its a good thing mentally for customers because there is no fear of them losing apps or their way of working. Its simply another android device but now made by their 'childhood' or early work days smartphone brand. Which could be a good thing. I hope Blackberry continues to grow.

I thought the only reason BlackBerry didn't exist hardware completely is because some businesses expressed an interest in BlackBerry handsets running Android. These businesses don't buy handsets based on what's showing in the carrier store's window.
    11-17-16 11:50 AM
    It may not seem like a lot, but Its a step in the right direction that BB is actually making some effort to talk up one of their phones in a way that isn't cring-worthy.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 03:09 PM
    So far one Canadian carrier has confirmed they won't be picking up the DTEK60 due to what many believe were poor sales of the DTEK50. Both phones have been created by BlackBerry for their enterprise customers. I don't believe wide consumer adoption was the goal for either device.
    11-17-16 03:29 PM
52 123