05-26-11 03:52 AM
64 123
tools
    Well im a pretty dedicated blackberry daily user but i just had to see what all the hype was with android Htc Evo 4g. I decided to switch over 1 of my 2 blackberry lines to an android device and just give it a shot for 2 weeks.

Needless to say after aboiut 5 minutes i was frustrated beyond words. Never the less i decided to sit it out and give it the full 2 weeks.
    ...2 weeks later and all i can is that i am happy to be back with my blackberry.

Yes i do have 4G coverage in my area so i did test it out and the internet speed was blazing (5mb/s DL 1.5mb/s UL) but watching my battery tick down from 38 to 37 to 36 with in minutes just made it not worth it.
    Also coming from my 8530 which doesn't have the best keyboard out there made it extremely difficult to get used to the touch screen keyboard on the Evo.
    Email was better then i expected. Gmail came through with in seconds so that was kind of like push but facebook and other applications that use PUSH just didnt come close to what blackberry has to offer

I will miss the Android app store which has an enormous selection of free apps to choose from and the handy widgets and quick operating system that tops it all off... Regardless i am happy to be a dedicated blackberry user and I AM BACK!!
    So what you're saying is that you gave up 4G internet speeds, a huge high resolution screen and one of the best mobile operating systems because the battery life isn't what you hoped for and you aren't used to a touch screen keyboard? Just get one of those big batteries they're selling now that you can hook onto it.
    01-25-11 09:15 PM
    The only reason I've considered an Android device is I've been told you are able to teather up to 5 laptops... That would save me 50 bucks a month on my wireless card.

What keeps me away from it is, between my son and sister they've been through 6 in 5 months. That's a deal breaker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Which model do they have? What was the problem with them?
    01-26-11 05:30 AM
    dave 1812-well im glad you that you as i have found out see how awful that is to have an evo but no battery life ! i have a friend who has an evo and she is always seeking an outlet . now thats no life to me .

01-31-11 04:39 PM
    revaddict- welcome ! its good to have you back to our bb world and i pray this wont mess up your finances ! you should be well my friend .

01-31-11 04:42 PM
    It's been established for quite some time that most of them are idiots.
    You would fit right on in!

To OP, I had a couple Androids and older iPhone and hated them each equally. Just IMO over hyped junk, especially the iPhone. Android OS isn't bad, just young still and eventually will be a great OS. A lot of people all ready like it, it just isn't for me, even if tweaked, but I can see why a lot of peeps like it.

IPhone users are generally what keeps my hate strong for that particular phone. Hate being tied down to Apple and even Jailbroken didn't impress me much. Not to mention at the time it lacked a lot of basic functions...that my older BB's had...

By the way, I really liked the EVO. Besides the terrible

battery life it was pretty slick phone.

02-01-11 07:13 AM
    @ boldtothemax- i completely understand what you mean my friend ! nothing better than a berry !

02-01-11 05:30 PM
    I had been with Blackberry for about 6 years and switched from the Storm to the Motorola Droid last spring. I have given it a year and while it has some great features it is does not do the basics well enough for me. I use my phone for Email, texting and phone calls 90% of the time. It is essential for my business that these things work properly and quickly. Nobody does those things like Blackberry. Picked up a used Tour until the new BB's come out later this year. Hopefully, something good comes out on Verizon. This is certainly not a knock on the Android phones. They are really "cool", but not for my needs right now.
    02-01-11 09:53 PM
    I am with you. I was using 9700 and decided to give HTC Desire a go last year. To be honest, it wasn't bad; it's just the lack of keyboard is not for me.
    Others are right about the battery issue, I was feeling paranoid about the run out of battery that I could not enjoy using it.
    Now I am using Blackberry 9780 and I can tell you that I am really happy to be back!
    02-02-11 12:34 PM
    Illnesses from which BB addicts and most users suffer:
    1 You bring your BB to the bathroom with you.
    2 Complete happiness when u reach a traffic light or get stuck in traffic.
    3 You giggle or burst out into hysterical fits of laughter even when you are alone.
    4 It doesn't matter who or what is around you.
    5 Back aches, neck pains and problems with posture.
    6 You leave your nails as short as possible so u can glide across your keypad.
    7 You sleep with your BB beside you.
    8 Completely obsessed with BBM.
    9 Free publicity and marketing for BB.
    10 You make fun of other cell phone brands, especially Nokia.
    11 Depression when something happens to your BB.
    12 Stress when your BB has no EDGE.
    13 Bipolarity and random fits of rage when the BB service goes off for even 5 minutes.

If this wasn't true you know I, wouldn't broadcast it.
    ROFL hilarious I've gone from BB to iPhone back to BB to Iphone back to BB to Android, back on BB again.. Both Iphone/Android are great but at the end of the day I don't need all the the bells and whistles...
    02-15-11 01:49 PM
    In August of last year, I hopped on the Android wagon along with a bunch of my peeps and got the Droid X.

The DX has a fantastic web browser, shoots great videos, has a beautiful screen, and is great with Google maps turn-by-turn nav. But....

What I found was that I was not sending out, or replying, with as much information as I've had done in the past. The problem is the input method. In the six months I had the DX, I could never get used to the regular keyboard or the swype keyboard. I decided that the days of one-word replies were over.

That evening (two weeks ago), I was excited to get home to reactivate my Storm2. But my excitement turned to panic when I couldn't find it

My wife gave it away as a Christmas present to a friend and never told me about it. Arrrr......

Luckily, I had my trusty old Curve 8330, and I have been banging out emails and texts like a freaking mad man ever since! I sold the DX, and there is now balance in the universe once more.

I left for Palm and Android, but I always have come back. These BB's really are deserving of the Crackberry nickname. Looking forward to the Bold Touch.

To all that have left and came back.... Welcome back to the crack.

02-15-11 02:27 PM
    I had a bb bold 9700 left tried a mt4g for about a month
    And now back to a bb I just feel I get more done with my bb
    Than android I don't need all the games and apps plus the battery
    Life on a bb can't be beat. iam glad to be back wit a bb even tho its an 8900
    Just saving my pennies for a 9780

02-15-11 03:35 PM
    you guys need to watch this video ! it is very funny

mountainman and movi3king like this.
    02-21-11 01:39 AM
    I started this threat a few months and wow!
    This is really great!

Just wanted to thank you all for the input and your experience with your battle between blackberry and android.

I currently have my bb as a primary line and an LG Optimus S for my business line. Guess i kind of have the best of both worlds

- Just a little current events which many of you may already know... A watered down version of BBM (no photo video etc. sharing) will be coming to all android and Apple OS's shortly. But i am going to stick with my blackberry!

-- CANT WAIT FOR THE TOUCH SCREEN BLACKBERRY FOR SPRINT COMING IN JUNE- AUGUST 2011
    03-13-11 05:20 PM
    So the question is nowwwwww
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...oughts-618261/

Its gana be a tough one. Leme know what you think.
    05-26-11 03:52 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD