What was bad about the Torch to you?
    For starters... OS6. To me it is sluggish and does not outperform OS5. With that, the "trays" i find very annoying. Media playback isn't as great as OS5 and the video camera may record in higher resolution, but videos playback choppy on the phone and the PC.

The hardware of the Torch is almost the same as the Tour, but the Tour seems to function faster and overall better. I am also not a fan of the slider. I figured i wouldn't have to use it all that much because of the virtual keyboard, but the virtual keyboard lags popping up and sometimes not at all.
    05-18-11 10:32 AM
    Wow, I may have to go with the 9700 if thats the case, I too am not a fan of the slider form factor either.
    05-18-11 11:02 AM
    I have had the bb tour for a while now and I switched to the android fascinate. I had the droid for one month before I switched back to my bb. I love my tour the only thing I wish was that it would update to the 6.0 os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 01:43 PM
    I got my first BlackBerry, a Bold 9700, in the fall of 2009. I loved it. Absolutely loved it.

After over a year, though, I started to think about switching to Android. When the keyboard and trackpad on my 9700 started to go on the fritz, I took the opportunity to switch, getting the HTC Aria.

I rooted it and installed CyanogenMOD (currently running CM7RC1). In general, I liked it a lot. I've *loved* Google Navigation, the web browsing experience, and the integrated nature of all my Google service (Gmail, Calendar, Voice, etc.).

However, I just can't stick around. I miss my full QWERTY tactile keyboard, on which I could crank out messages in an instant. I miss battery life that was never less than 24 hours (!). I miss Profiles!

Granted, some of my disatisfaction has been a result of using a release client of a custom ROM. I've had a lot of WiFi issues, app crashes, poor battery life, and, at time, sluggish performance.

But even still, I've made up my mind: it's back to Black for me. Honestly, I don't do a lot of web browsing on my phone, and I don't use a lot of apps. I rely on my phone to last all day and let me shoot emails, texts, and twitter posts quickly and accurately. In a few months, I'll move for a job where I'll commute by Metro, and our one car has a GPS unit, so I won't really miss Google's amazing Navigation app.

Last night I bought a replacement keyboard and trackpad, for under $15 total w/ shipping, for my 9700. This summer I'll get either the Bold Touch (Dakota) or new Curve (Apollo). I'm leaning toward the Curve, despite the better specs of the Bold, though, because the Dakota is just plain fugly. I hated the original bold, and this one honestly looks worse. I'll miss its keboard, but should have no problem adapting to the Curve.

Can't wait to be back! You can BBM me again starting Saturday!
    Your story is almost identical to mine,,,loved CM7, loved the google integration, but like you, missed a lot about the bb!

Actually a funny story from last night, but it emphasizes one of the reasons I came back to bb. We got home and my wife realized she had left her android charger at work. I looked at my bb, saw it was at 80%, and handed her my bb charger. She asked, well won't you need it? I replied, no I'm good. This morning, still at 80%
    I don't post that to stir the android vs bb pot, but rather to illustrate one of the things I so missed about my bb! So glad to be back...its like getting my right arm back!

05-19-11 08:09 AM
    I am like alot of people here....i have had ALOT of berry's. I absolutely luv them. However i was getting so many people trying to convince me to get a droid. So I gave in. I got and Incredible. Well, 2 days later it was sent back to Verizon and i was back to my berry. Then the Droid Pro came out. So it peaked my interest because it was so close to looking like a berry. I've had it for about 2 months. And well......it's OK. it's faster then the berry but other then that i luv my berry more. I'm having a few other problems with it. So im thinking about turning my berry back on this weekend......

Can anyone tell me if there is a NEW berry coming to Verizon any time SOON????????

Please tell me yes. As i cant keep any gadget for long because i get ancy and want a new one.
    05-20-11 11:01 PM
    I am new to bb and love the ease of linking up my personel e-mail address with my Torch. The applications are so much easier to use then the HTC Diamond I had prior.

The only gripe I have which is not RIMS fault is I won't be able to use my bb in the states when I visit NJ for two months, yes I can use a regular sim to make and get calls also text but I wanted to be able to use my applications.

05-22-11 02:25 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD