Hi everyone,

The following is just my 2 cents. No offence intended

Recently, I have downloaded the 10.3 to my Z10 and 10.3.1 to my Z30 and all the features are great and it was a HUGE improvement from the initial OS releases. Furthermore, with BlackBerry refocusing back to the enterprise professionals, all is great....

Personally, I am involved in sales and marketing related work. So meeting new people is basically part of my job. So there will be tons of business cards. So, I would like to keep an electronic copy of all those cards. I had downloaded Business Card from the BlackBerry World.... but somehow even with the paid version, it's just not there yet....

Besides my BlackBerry devices, I have also purchased a dual sim RedMi1s just for the fun of it. So out of curiosity, I have just downloaded an app from Play Store, CamCard, the features are just so convenient.

So back to topic, as a device that focuses in "serving" professionals, Hmmm..... I think it would be best if BlackBerry could include a native feature for users to directly scan and synchronize all the related information of a particular business card and store into the contact section of the phone and as for the address, if somehow, it can be integrated into Maps or other navigation apps based on coordinates, then it would be DAMN PERFECT....So, do you think so too?

Secondly, in the contact section in BlackBerry 10 devices..... Hmmmmm....you have the email, facebook, linkedin, bbm, contact details. sms and phone numbers of a particular individual, which is okay.... Somehow, if whatsapp or wechat could be included or shown for a particular contact, something similar on the Redmi1s, then would it be much more convenient for user to access everything under one roof, instead of going into Whatsapp. go into Contact and search for the name of the preferred contact, then.... somehow redundant and wasting time.....

Again, that's what I think...... So how about the others? What are your opinions and view on this?

Thank you for your time in reading this post.... Sorry for any inconvenience caused and for any grammatical error....

Regards,

John Ho
    10-17-14 01:18 PM
    Business cards.... wow.... I have shared it mainly via NFC directly or LinkedIn or Xing for German speaking countries....

Or just via email.

There are enough apps out there and I don't think that it should be implemented directly.... I do not think many people would truly find it useful.

Whenever I receive a business card, it kinda just serves as a reminder on my desk or if I need to dial the number from a landline....
    That's why I always ask for more than one to keep them in places where I would use them..
    Posted via CB10
    John Ho likes this.
    10-17-14 01:24 PM
    Try Business Card Reader XT but of all the native Business card reader apps i've tried this is the best. It integrates well with Contacts and through Google Contacts these are all backed up in the cloud. I haven't tried transferring my business card yet via NFC but I might.

Posted via CB10
    John Ho likes this.
    10-19-14 09:48 AM
    So being a professional means exchanging business cards on a regular basis? That's like saying that Blackberry should also pre-install links to the best place to buy suits. After all, they are targeting professionals and all professionals wear suits, right?
    10-19-14 10:00 AM
    So being a professional means exchanging business cards on a regular basis? That's like saying that Blackberry should also pre-install links to the best place to buy suits. After all, they are targeting professionals and all professionals wear suits, right?
    No,no,no...links to the best suits with the proper inside pocket for carrying a phone.

I hate getting a jacket that only has the wallet pocket and not the cellphone pocket.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    John Ho likes this.
    10-19-14 11:12 AM
    Try Business Card Reader XT but of all the native Business card reader apps i've tried this is the best. It integrates well with Contacts and through Google Contacts these are all backed up in the cloud. I haven't tried transferring my business card yet via NFC but I might.

Posted via CB10
    Will try it soon. Thanks for the advice.
    10-19-14 11:45 AM