It's true BlackBerry has been virtually non existent in this area for a few years now. I have always stated the reasons I believe were 1) money they needed elsewhere 2) wouldn't really convince consumers anyhow. 3) BB10 was too infant. Best to wait till at least 10.3x is out for all devices, passport and classic are released.

What is actually quite amazing is the amount of positive free advertising BlackBerry is getting. When I take out my passport, everyone knows what it is. Everyone wants to ask questions. A lot of people are saying BlackBerry is going to make a major comeback, and these comments are from non BlackBerry users. Chen and company are slowly changing hearts. It's not so popular to laugh unknowingly at BlackBerry lately. This is at least in my surroundings.

What's happening around you? Fire away!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 09:22 AM
    It's what I said for a very long time. All that money spent on early marketing was quickly negated by the negative 'popular' consensus amongst tech reviewers and main stream media regarding the failure of the Z10 to sell.

All they had to do was divert some of the marketing budget to offer a solid product at a competitive price, it would sell more than most expected and create free positive buzz (or at least prevent negative buzz).
    10-31-14 09:32 AM
    You have to see that since the Passport release, there has been quite a change in advertising volume. They run big campaigns in some countries, especially in Asia, which wasn't the case before.

But you're right, the Passport is attracting great interest among customers of all segments, not limited to business people. This is really amazing and BlackBerry seems to have the momentum you need to succeed with something new.
    10-31-14 09:43 AM
    I have noticed on twitter, forums etc that there has been an increased amount of positive feedback and education from users themselves when someone is still misinformed about BlackBerry, such as thinking it is still OS7. Lots of shout outs RE the Passport and now excitement over the Classic. Makes me realize how many others are BlackBerry users, besides on the BlackBerry blogs and forums such as these.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-31-14 02:11 PM
    Things are certainly looking better, especially since the Passport has made such a splash. BlackBerry can continue to capitalize on the free publicity. If this strategy of offering truly innovative, unique products can continue to boost the publicity and public opinion of the company, then maybe, just maybe, they'll keep spending money on small innovative (and profitable) product runs instead of marketing, letting the devices speak for themselves.

It seems were in the day and age where actually advertising is too expensive, and has less effect than the tech news stories on consumer perception. So BlackBerry, keep impressing us all with truly innovative products and get those writers singing your praises. When the public is told repeatedly something is amazing, they believe it and become sheep, it may just be time for BlackBerry to start eyeing the throne again. (3-5 years plan)

BB for Life
    10-31-14 03:25 PM
    Better but only slightly. Still have plenty of people who ask why I use a BlackBerry but I've also had some more techy people show interest.

The friends I've gotten to use BBM do like it though. There's a little bright spot lol

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:09 PM