wow they must have payed a fourtune for the new years eve advertising all over times square.
    12-31-11 09:23 PM
    6 min from the big show
    12-31-11 11:54 PM
    Just saw a huge plug for the new BB Bold with Twitter. The Bold looks amazing in Jenny McCarthy's beautiful hands. Keep showing off BB. I can only wow so many people with my own phone.
    01-01-12 12:10 AM
    Imagine if they kept up marketing in the past 18 months instead of catching up with this new years ads!
    01-01-12 12:29 AM
    Yeah they really turned up the heat for new years!! Hopefully they keep going! I tell everyone I see the new blackberrys aren't what they remember about blackberry!! Hopedully it will make a difference!!
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-01-12 12:30 AM
    Great to see, it will make a big difference in getting the new devices out there!
    01-01-12 12:55 AM
    D!ck Clark's New Years Eve is completely sponsored by Blackberry!

Probably old news, but new news to me out here on the West Coast!

RIM startin' the New Year right!!
    Can't wait for the grand finale!

Haven't seen any playbooks though? Anyone else?
    01-01-12 01:09 AM
    D!ck Clark's New Years Eve is completely sponsored by Blackberry!

Probably old news, but new news to me out here on the West Coast!

RIM startin' the New Year right!!
    Can't wait for the grand finale!

Haven't seen any playbooks though? Anyone else?
    Havent seen any for the PB, but Im thinking we wont until OS2 comes out.
    01-01-12 01:17 AM
    It seems to be focused on the Bold. Even the literature says "brought to you by BlackBerry Bold" I love my PB, but I think it's a good move to focus initial advertising on their flagship phone. My 9930 is one of my best friends.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-01-12 01:21 AM
    Havent seen any for the PB, but Im thinking we wont until OS2 comes out.
    Good point - the advertising is sucking as per usual though "Be Bold the new blackberry bold"

The Bold is sooo old....

Give us a reason to bye one!

I mean even "Be bold the new touch bold" would help geez...haven't they fired that marketing director yet?
    01-01-12 01:30 AM
    Good point - the advertising is sucking as per usual though "Be Bold the new blackberry bold"

The Bold is sooo old....

Give us a reason to bye one!

I mean even "Be bold the new touch bold" would help geez...haven't they fired that marketing director yet?
    nye was covered in blackberry ads. Marketung dept stepped up. What will be the excuse if it doesnt sell now?
    01-01-12 03:19 AM
    nye was covered in blackberry ads. Marketung dept stepped up. What will be the excuse if it doesnt sell now?
    This was just a great start. I doubt RIM expects this New Years Eve sponsorship to do much more than be an attention grabber. I'm hoping we will see a build up of new BB commercials up to the release of BBX phones and beyond.
    Seemed to get some positive buzz in Twitter land.
    01-01-12 03:35 AM
    Sounds promising, I've noticed much of the full/new range of o/s 7 phones are on most uk carriers now as well- I'll keep pointing out how functional/quick o/s 7 is anyway :-)
    01-01-12 04:53 AM
    How cool was it to see RIM all over Times Square with a BlackBerry #BeBold promotion? Way Cool!!!! #BeBold owned the night. RIM ya done good!!!!!!
    01-01-12 06:10 AM
    Sucks that i didn't get to see all this wonderful advertising...oh well spent the night with the family playing Wii . Ya im agreeing with above they wont have commercials for the PB until OS2 comes out. They are trying to show people how good their product is not how crappy it was.
    01-01-12 08:32 AM
    Ya, I watched those adds too. Right on RIM!!
    01-01-12 08:39 AM
    Let's Go RIM!!
    01-01-12 11:15 PM
    i think they need to keep the intensity up on the commercials. They should blast the advertising throughout the entire year. Keep in peoples faces and minds.
    01-01-12 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD