I'm accessing my GMail account using POP3 (I've tried IMAP and changed back to POP3 as I couldn't get it working properly). I have my POP3 access set to "leave a copy in the GMail Inbox". However, whenever my emails get downloaded to the BB they appear greyed out in the GMail Inbox (online) and if I try to reply using the web interface on a PC I get a message telling me the conversation is in the bin and won't appear in Sent Messages unless I move it to the inbox.

Anyone else come across this and have any idea how to solve it?

I'm using a BB Storm 9500 on BIS and using the Enhanced GMail Plugin.
    01-03-10 09:01 AM
    I'm accessing my GMail account using POP3 (I've tried IMAP and changed back to POP3 as I couldn't get it working properly). I have my POP3 access set to "leave a copy in the GMail Inbox". However, whenever my emails get downloaded to the BB they appear greyed out in the GMail Inbox (online) and if I try to reply using the web interface on a PC I get a message telling me the conversation is in the bin and won't appear in Sent Messages unless I move it to the inbox.

Anyone else come across this and have any idea how to solve it?

I'm using a BB Storm 9500 on BIS and using the Enhanced GMail Plugin.
    To get IMAP working, be sure that POP Access is totally turned off. I had the same problem and that fixed it. Only IMAP should be enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 11:42 AM
    To get IMAP working, be sure that POP Access is totally turned off. I had the same problem and that fixed it. Only IMAP should be enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for that but I've decided to stick with POP until BB provide full IMAP support but would like to try and solve this issue.
    01-03-10 02:58 PM
    Also, I was playing with it more today and I noticed that the Advanced IMAP Controls option that you can enable from Google Labs for GMail would cause the validation issue when enabled. Once I disabled it, I've had no more trouble since.

I don't blame you for your decision... I may be switching to the same. (It's a pain to have to log into my GMail account online every couple days to archive past e-mails, etc.)
    01-04-10 11:29 PM
    FYI, Joe G's solution (disabling advanced IMAP controls) works. If you want to keep advanced IMAP controls (e.g. to work with a desktop IMAP client), another solution to the validation problem is to make certain that "All Mail" is checked to be accessible to IMAP clients.

Also, I was playing with it more today and I noticed that the Advanced IMAP Controls option that you can enable from Google Labs for GMail would cause the validation issue when enabled. Once I disabled it, I've had no more trouble since.

I don't blame you for your decision... I may be switching to the same. (It's a pain to have to log into my GMail account online every couple days to archive past e-mails, etc.)
    01-05-10 09:37 AM
    That is already disabled and I'm not using IMAP anyway.

I do have IMAP enabled in my settings though. If I disable it then I no longer get copies to my BB
    01-05-10 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD