I've planned a birthday surprise trip to paris for a few days for me and my partner. We are both blackberry users on o2 uk.
    Obviously being abroad we will be charged for data usage, calls etc.
    After going into the o2 shop to see if they had any idea how much I would be charged for data, they didn't seem to have a clue!

I've also heard about changing mobile network settings to off when roaming. Could anybody please explain to me how this works?

Any other help and understanding with abroad charges would be much appreciated
    !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 11:19 AM
    I believe 02 has a international BB plan. Also turning network options is off is same as going into flight mode.

09-22-09 12:12 PM
    If your phone is unlocked, I strongly recommend buying a local SIM card. You can purchase when you arrive or, in advance, via the internet. Far cheaper than the intl plan. Bon voyage.
    09-22-09 03:56 PM
    I have my data set to "Off When Roaming" due to ridiculously high roaming charges.

To do this go to Options>Mobile Network>Tab to Data Services field & change to "Off When Roaming">Exit

Now if you are roaming you will not be able to connect to any data services therefore avoiding sky rocket fees!!

09-22-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD