Hi, I have a Curve 8520 and I want to buy a new phone to use at a second carrier. I do not want to buy a new unit, so I went to a "kind-of" ebay from my country and I starred at a 9700 being shipped for 150 euros. It happens, that the cellphone is a used unit, that the seller as bought at ebay uk and he doesnt have the original bill phone. That site dont give us the feedback of the seellers, but looking to the add I think I can trust him. I also saw a Curve 8520 for 90 euros, but this one with guarantee, bill and all the papers. Wich one should I choose? I, obviously, want the 9700 but i dont know if its a stolen unit.... help please
    08-05-11 09:26 PM
    If you can wait out a while, the 9700 will be a lot cheaper with the pending release of the 9900 / 9930, and you'll be able to buy it brand new or for cheaper as second-hand.

If you can get the bills & papers to be faxed over or scanned in via the computer so you can read them (of course with any sensitive information from the seller removed) maybe that'll help you trust the seller? And yeah, I'd generally recommend option 2 (the one with the bills/paper).
    Last edited by Wretch 64; 08-05-11 at 10:06 PM.
    08-05-11 10:01 PM
    The first seller only has the ebay certification, not the bills... Because he bought it on ebay... This phone is only to fend, and i trust the seller. The main problem is that neither I or the actual seller, know if the phone was stollen in uk (the original country). The second option is a phone bought in my country with 1 year and half guarantee. But buy a 9700 for 150 euros (+-170 dollars) seems to be a very good deal.... I just dont know what to do
    08-05-11 10:10 PM
    Just go to walmart and buy it brand new for cheaper.
    08-06-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD