Ok, so I did method 1 of this: http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...m-95xx-107154/ and everything went smoothly. I have the browsers added and what not. However, when I open the browser I get the following message: There is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later.

I have a data plan with at&t but it was originally for android. I broke my android and had this blackberry laying around. So, I got it unlocked, did the 'Get all features' method and now I am still stuck on just phone calls and texting. Any idea how to fix this?
    06-12-12 09:21 PM
    You need BIS Blackberry data, Call your carrier & have them change it over.
    06-12-12 09:24 PM
    Is BIS BB data needed if I just want to use the sms, calls and/or like yahoo messengers? I could live without the browser if I need too. The thing is, the phones are in my brothers account, which right now he is at basic training for the army...so I can't really change it over at this moment, but would like to have all my messengers if I could...anyway around this or do you still need the BIS BB data plan?
    06-12-12 09:31 PM
    BTW, I am able to get on app world and get apps...
    06-12-12 09:32 PM
    What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ

What do I need a Data Plan for?

Do I need a data plan to get email?
    Yes, without a data plan all you have is phone, SMS, and PIM services. (ie... Outlook, Contacts, Calendar ect..)

Do I need a data plan to access the internet?
    Yes you will need a data plan to access the internet

Do I need a data plan for MMS?
    Yes, on most carriers, you will need a data plan to send/retrieve MMS messages.

With NO data plan you may:

make phone calls
    send/receive text SMS messages
    NOT use any instant messenger program that anyone has found so far
    use the device as a standalone PIM
    NOT send or receive any information over the internet, in any way shape or form, despite what you heard about it being possible

With a generic data plan in addition you may:

use a third party browser like Opera Mini, but NOT the resident BlackBerry browser
    may get email either via a web interface (using Opera) or other third party app, but NOT BlackBerry push email
    use a number of third party applications that require net access, including some instant messenger programs, as long as they're available to install from DM because:
    canNOT install apps OTA because that requires the resident browser - This is not the same as AppWorld
    canNOT use BlackBerry messenger or do PIN-->PIN messaging

With a BlackBerry data plan you may do all of the above plus:

receive true BlackBerry push email from up to 10 different email accounts
    use the resident BlackBerry supplied browser to access the internet
    install applications OTA via the supplied resident browser
    use BlackBerry Messenger and send PIN-->PIN messages
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-12-12 at 10:18 PM.
    06-12-12 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD