Hi all!
    I have a used Blackberry 9360 that I bought that was factory unlocked. It was previously on Rogers and now is with Telus. When it was set up with Telus I found it had text and phone but no BBM and data. Since then I learned it had a firewall and an IT policy. Both of these were removed when I did a factory reset. I then restored my settings with Blackberry desktop software.

Still no BBM or data. The host routing table has no service books and will not send them when I make the request.

The operating system is 7.1 version.

Does anyone know if there is anything further I can do? Telus says it is somehow locked to a previous workplace network and can only be released by them.

Is this true? Am I out of options?

P.S. only bought the used phone because blackberry refused to fix my 8 month old curve that was under warranty. They said it had corrosion damage even though it was always in an otter box and the litmus papers inside the phone were pristine.
    08-19-12 07:46 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...lackberry-569/

You've followed the steps laid out here?
    08-19-12 08:20 PM
    Also check your IMEI#. If it starts with 004402. you might be in the same boat as me. My BIS was turned off by RIM because it is an internal device.
    08-19-12 08:30 PM
    Yes, those are the exact instructions I used.

And it worked perfectly. The factory reset worked just fine. Prior to the reset the firewall showed that it was enabled and there was also an IT policy. After the reset both were gone.

Still no service books, no BBM symbol on the homepage, no data (facebook, twitter etc).

Any ideas?
    08-19-12 08:33 PM
    actually the IMEI does start with 004402.

So this is a RIM employee's former blackberry?

Is there anyway to fix this problem if the BIS has been turned off?
    08-19-12 08:36 PM
    actually the IMEI does start with 004402.

So this is a RIM employee's former blackberry?

Is there anyway to fix this problem if the BIS has been turned off?
    If telus tells you they can't register it then chances are there is no fix, you're stuck without BIS, which means no Native email, nor BBM
    08-19-12 09:01 PM
    Telus said that the problem was with Blackberry and it was registered to them or something like that.

Is there any point to trying to register the phone to BIS myself?
    08-19-12 09:17 PM
    also, how is one to know that when you buy an "unlocked" used phone that it doesn't have this problem once you try to register it with your own carrier?

Is it just luck (or bad luck) of the draw? Or is there a way to determine this before you commit to purchase it?
    08-19-12 09:33 PM
    also, how is one to know that when you buy an "unlocked" used phone that it doesn't have this problem once you try to register it with your own carrier?

Is it just luck (or bad luck) of the draw? Or is there a way to determine this before you commit to purchase it?
    It's a rare situation and most of the used devices you will find aren't those that starts with the IMEI 004402..
    So yes, you can call it a "bad luck"... I guess.
    08-19-12 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD