I was wondering-I noticed on my Blackberry 8820-on the 5/D key-on mine there is a little FACTORY MADE "BUMP" on the key-

I guess you'd call it kind of a "position marker" so you know where your fingers are lying??

Do ALL of the 8820's have the same kind of "BUMP" on the 5/D key-or is it just on the latest models??

thanks
    mike
    04-24-08 12:13 PM
    I bought mine back in Sept. and it has the bump as well so its not just the newer ones.
    04-24-08 12:20 PM
    It's just a position marker. I hate it as the black on top of it is worn slightly. The only visual flaw with my BB is that! Sharpie came off on my fingers. I'm gonna buy a new keyboard one day.
    04-24-08 03:47 PM
    most phones have one on the 5. it lets you know where your fingers are if youre not looking. just a place marker.
    04-24-08 03:59 PM
    It's just a position marker. I hate it as the black on top of it is worn slightly. The only visual flaw with my BB is that! Sharpie came off on my fingers. I'm gonna buy a new keyboard one day.
    Just get yourself some Emnew (spelling? pronounced "M-New"). It is commonly used by Marines to touch up black emblems that have worn to the metal. It will not come off on your finger. Just find a marine and they'll tell you were to get some.

Patrick
    04-24-08 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD