first of all, 1-888 BOOST4U has been almost no help at all, i get half a dozen answers everytime i call them, some say i can switch over services (both use CDMA, so i dont see any problem, it just has to recognize different cell towers) and others say i can't, but the higher up the corporate ladder i go, the more people say i can

SO, how should i go about doing this, i have read somewhere that you just need a few numbers off the underside of the battery, but i want to know if i can do it, without messing up my texting or internet or any other apps i have.

thanks to anyone who can help!
    02-17-11 12:05 AM
    Let me just put it simple for you. It prob won't happen because its a verizon branded phone and doubt Sprint would put a verizon phone on their network
    02-17-11 12:09 AM
    its not a verizon phone, its an RIM phone, and i want to stop paying Verizon and start paying Sprint/Boost, why would they object to that?
    02-17-11 12:23 AM
    The software is programmed for Verizon.
    You would need to flash it onto the Boost network.
    To accomplish that, I'm pretty sure the carrier needs to complete that for you.
    Most carriers do not flash devices from another carrier, I only know of MetroPCS that does.

Just sell your VZW 8530, and purchase a slightly used Boost branded 8530 online.

Also:

Boost uses the same ESN database as Sprint, which limits the phones on the network to Sprint branded phones.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 02-17-11 at 12:45 AM.
    02-17-11 12:36 AM
    its not a verizon phone, its an RIM phone, and i want to stop paying Verizon and start paying Sprint/Boost, why would they object to that?
    Oh my bad its a RIM phone made for Verizon which is why I said "verizon branded". Im just trying to save you the trouble of going through all this and coming out with nothing. Most reps youre going to talk to you will all pretty much say the exact same thing which is most likely "Its just not possible". The time and effort is just not worth the hassle so just sell the phone and get one made specifically for Boost mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 01:17 AM
    You must have a Boost-branded 8530 to have an 8530 on Boost.

There are no other ways around it, other than using a Sprint-branded 8330 or 9630...but the Sprint devices can't use the $60 BIS plan.
    02-17-11 05:18 PM
    It is a verizon phone. You can use it on their network.
    02-17-11 05:50 PM
    You can't flash a Verizon phone to Boost Mobile.
    Thuoudo likes this.
    02-17-11 06:08 PM
    [insert hyperbolic analogy about using your key to drive off in a $50,000 car of the same make here]

Just because it's a "CDMA" phone made by "RIM" doesn't mean you can put it on any CDMA service. Cricket, MetroPCS, and PlatinumTel being the exceptions...

Sprint has a range of ESN numbers and if your device doesn't fall in that number range, there's nothing a rep can do to put it on your account...the computer won't let them do it. Putting Sprint phones on Boost is a simple matter of certain phones being in the ESN range and the CSR ignoring or not paying attention to what brand/model the phone is
    02-18-11 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD