I just got the 8330I, which is my first blackberry, about 2 weeks ago. At first I was amazed with it and the things it is capable of. Now I am experiencing problems that getting old fast. Delayed text messages, no service, dropped calls, slow or no internet, received calls not even getting to me. Is anybody else in this same boat? I am not in a rural area either.

I may get the 8300 (without nextel direct connect) but I know the 8330I is newer and has updated features. I have been told by sprint that there is a patch coming out from RIMM to fix the problems but my guess is that will do nothing to my service as far as phone calls are concerned.

Does anybody understand why sprint would have this fancy phone and put it on the slower less capable nextel network? Why couldn't this phone have been a hybrid? I haven't had any issues with my old hybrid.

Any help is appreciated, I'm about to my end and I think I am going to take my 8330I back and get a different phone without direct connect.
    01-28-09 03:08 PM
    I am not a fan of your provider, however I can't believe it is that bad so I would go with the theory it is the unit. See if it is possible to switch the unit and go from there. I have read many post on this site and never one this bad so that is my reason to go back and get a new unit.
    01-28-09 03:15 PM
    I'm not going to lie, but when I had Sprint (not with nextel at the time) I used to have the exact same problems. I hate Sprint, their network and their god awful customer service. It would seem to me that this is less of a Nextel problem, and more of a Sprint problem. when I left sprint and went to Nextel, I never missed a call, and even though text messages were slow to arrive, I still recieved them.
    01-28-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD