I'm using a new blackberry 8320. Once I connect it to my Buffalo (brand) router, the BB screen simply shuts off and a red light turns on. But when I'm at my friend's house, I can connect without that problem.

I'm using a cable internet service.

How can I find a solution to this? Thanks!!
    05-11-08 01:25 PM
    What security type are you using (if any?)
    WEP WPA TKIP AES

Is your friends access point secured?

Have you tried connecting on a public network that wasn't secured? What happened?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 01:30 PM
    Also, is the SSID broadcasted or hidden? On which routers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 01:31 PM
    I'm using a new blackberry 8320. Once I connect it to my Buffalo (brand) router, the BB screen simply shuts off and a red light turns on. But when I'm at my friend's house, I can connect without that problem.

I'm using a cable internet service.

How can I find a solution to this? Thanks!!
    If it works correctly with an Open setup, there must be a problem with your Router.

First, insure your Router is 802.11g compatible. If not, you will need to upgrade.

Second, reset your Router to the factory defaults. Usually a button on the front panel.

Try to connect with Open. If you can't get an Open connections, it is not a security issue.

Linksys Routers are recommended by T-Mobile and are available everywhere.
    05-11-08 02:52 PM
    I am having the exact same problem and it all started when I got my brand new BUFFALO NFinniti router.
    Every other WiFi device works without a problem except the BB WiFi.
    05-11-08 10:03 PM
    same exact router, same exact problem "hookedonbb"

yeah my friends router are all secure.

I connect fine on my Itouch, PS3, and Nintendo DS. I'm going do what you said "Stoner"

thanks for all the comments and help.
    05-12-08 10:34 AM
    I'm having the same issues. I can connect to other networks just, not my own...

I just installed a Belkin N wireless router and have not set up any security. When I try to connect, the blackberry shuts off with a red light, and then gives me the hour glass for 5 minutes before starting. If I don't turn of the WiFi, it keeps cycling like this and goes througfh a security verifyication?

Please help!
    05-19-08 02:57 PM
    I was having this problem with a Motorola cable modem/wireless gateway. I bougt a Linksys WRT54GS router and it doesn't happen anymore.
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere here on the forums that the N router isn't compatible. you might want to try searching the forums. Good luck.
    05-19-08 03:02 PM
    I'm having the same issues. I can connect to other networks just, not my own...

I just installed a Belkin N wireless router and have not set up any security. When I try to connect, the blackberry shuts off with a red light, and then gives me the hour glass for 5 minutes before starting. If I don't turn of the WiFi, it keeps cycling like this and goes througfh a security verifyication?

Please help!
    Your BlackBerry need 802.11g. You should be able to set that option on your router.
    05-19-08 05:05 PM
    Well I Found A Solution For The Belkin N Router.

Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphones cannot connect to Belkin N Wireless Routers and Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Routers

Doc ID : KB14677
    Last Modified : 2008-01-09
    Document Type : Support

Environment

* BlackBerry� smartphone
    * SDR149479

Problem

Wi-Fi� enabled BlackBerry smartphones cannot connect to Belkin� N Wireless Routers (Model: F5D8233-4) and Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Routers (Model: F5D8232-4). The Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphone shuts down and restarts repeatedly when attempting to connect to the Belkin wireless router.

Resolution

Note: The resolution to this issue may not be available from all wireless service providers.
    To resolve this issue, upgrade to BlackBerry� Device Software 4.2.2.338 or later. For instructions, see KB03621.

Additional Information

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2.338 consists of the following:

* Applications 4.2.2.184
    * Software Platform 2.5.0.40

Note: The Applications and Software Platform version numbers are found on the About screen in Options on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Basically you HAVE to upgrade your Blackberry Software.

I Have a Blackberry Curve 8320 with Beta 4.5.0.37 and NOW my Belkin N Router works without a problem.

So its not the router ITS the phone.
    Last edited by SebasC; 05-25-08 at 12:09 PM.
    05-25-08 12:06 PM
    how do you shut off the wifi when it keeps going through the cycle on and off
    03-24-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD