Can I access the memory of the phone itself without having a memory card at this time? I have ringtones, etc on the phone, and the mass storage etc is on. Is it something that just doesnt work and NEEDS a memory card? I was able to put things on the phone in older versions of the Desktop Manager but Roxio is horrible.

Thank you.
    09-04-10 06:26 PM
    The ONLY way to access the Device Memory is to use Roxio Media Manager. Mass Storage Mode does not work with the Device Memory. You don't "need" a memory card to access the Device Memory from a computer.

If you don't want to use Roxio, then you DO need a card. What you will need to do is to use the device's menus to copy the files from the Device Memory to the card and then you can use Mass Storage Mode to access the card from a computer.
    09-04-10 06:30 PM
    Awesome. Thank you, I looked everywhere for a simple answer like that. Thank you so much!
    09-04-10 06:32 PM
    The ONLY way to access the Device Memory is to use Roxio Media Manager. Mass Storage Mode does not work with the Device Memory. You don't "need" a memory card to access the Device Memory from a computer.

If you don't want to use Roxio, then you DO need a card. What you will need to do is to use the device's menus to copy the files from the Device Memory to the card and then you can use Mass Storage Mode to access the card from a computer.
    My phone always asks me if i want to use mass storage, what is it and should i be using it?
    09-05-10 02:26 PM
    My phone always asks me if i want to use mass storage, what is it and should i be using it?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/wha...ge-mode-65527/
    09-05-10 02:36 PM
    The OP's question was, can he access device memory?

Yes. The native file manager is: Media / Explore. You can browse device memory to view some file types, change properties or delete them.

Moving files from a PC to device memory is tougher, but you can attach files to an email and save them to device memory. Device memory is precious, but you can pack a lot of text files into 1 Mb.
    09-05-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD