I have a Blackberry 8310 which I sync with Microsoft Outlook. This is my third BB so I am very familiar with the sync process. Today I added another contact to Outlook, but when I sync to the BB, it is not transfering the info. to my BB. I currently have 730 contacts in my Outlook and BB. Is there a maximum limit of contacts that I may have reached or is there another issue preventing me from doing so?
    03-24-08 01:22 PM
    Welcome to CB

Firstly, do you get any sort of errors when it attempts to transfer? Or does it say it's transferring as normal?

You're going to want to double check and make sure there are no stranger characters in any of your contacts, basically anything besides the alphabet A-Z, and numbers 0-9, can cause issues.

You're then going to want to check and make sure there is available memory on your device, by going to options ----> status

After that you should make sure everything in the synchronization is setup correctly.

So you'd want to go to synchronize----> then the configure tab at the top ----> then configure synchronization which should be the second button down.

Once you're in here you need to double check and make sure the check box next to address book is checked, highlight that, click on "choose" on the right hand side, double check that Microsoft outlook is selected, and this is the important part, at the bottom, make sure under "operation" that synchronize is checked.

After that just click OK twice, go back to the synchronize tab at the top, now you should see 4 boxes asking you what sort of data you want to transfer, it's best to JUST check the second box from the top, checking any of the other ones can cause issues.

I hope this helps, if you are getting any sort of error message that may be of more help.

Good luck
    03-24-08 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD