So here's the deal, I've had my 8100 for almost a year now, and I got really over exited about it, but I started downloading a bunch of different apps, wich eventually led to a really annoying and constant hourglass thing popping up, I assumed that it was due to the lack of memory so I deleted some apps and all right? But the problem kept up, I learned about the battery pull and it was kinda cool at first because i'm not the most patient guy when I'm trying to do something and my cell freezes up; but there's something I really don't like about that hard reset, and it's that evertime I open my media folder the hourglass is sure to come, and from time to time, it would come out without anything triggering it, is that normal? and i have a media card too, maybe there's a way to store it all in there, and my cell won't be such a drag, or maybe there's something else I can do, I'm running in a v4.5.0.55 platform 2.70.68 by the way, thx if you can help me in any way!
    04-19-10 06:52 PM
    Give this How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone and this How To Increase your BlackBerry's File Free Memory a go.

If none of your apps are paid ones, or if you are sure you can recover all of them, I'd suggest a device wipe as well, before doing what those links says.
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-19-10 at 07:02 PM.
    04-19-10 06:58 PM
    ...and i have a media card too, maybe there's a way to store it all in there
    Let's start with this. What are you storing on your device instead of your media card? Anything other than apps?
    04-19-10 07:00 PM
    If none of your apps are paid ones, or if you are sure you can recover all of them, I'd suggest a device wipe as well, before doing what those links says.
    Ditto. I agree with this! There is so little memory on the Pearl to begin with, this could really free up enough to make it work right again.

To the OP. What is your file free memory right now?
    04-19-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD