10-17-13 04:54 PM
42 12
tools
    I don't know how StatCounter reaches these conclusions, every time I check Google Analytics on client websites it's always iPhone, iPad, then Samsung devices, very rarely I see BlackBerry, when I do, it's usually my own device visiting the clients site.

Bizarre.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:39 AM
    People bashing stats counter, yet they believe everything they hear from other stats. I really don't need a faulty computer program to tell me what is happening around the world. I just need to look around at who is using what. But all you fools pay attention to a faulty computer program from, guess who? The number one Propagada nation in the world!

Posted via CB10
    You are epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-13 11:41 AM
    I don't know how StatCounter reaches these conclusions, every time I check Google Analytics on client websites it's always iPhone, iPad, then Samsung devices, very rarely I see BlackBerry, when I do, it's usually my own device visiting the clients site.

Bizarre.

Posted via CB10
    It depends if the website has the script for both services, I have both on my websites and the results are very close.
    10-17-13 11:59 AM
    I remember when you believed Blackberry would sell 6 million bb10 devices last quarter, and over 10 million by the end of the year.
    You were wrong.

I totally was. I was basing my projection on the quoted sales figure of 1.7 million Z10s from the June call. We now know that most of those shipments hadn't actually sold.

In that case I was using numbers provided by BlackBerry, and arguably misrepresented by them because a clearer interpretation would have been even MORE disastrous. In this case, what we're seeing is a raw number provided by a third party. And it indicates that web traffic from BB devices appears to have doubled between April and August. And I don't really know WHAT to interpret from it.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10 Z10
    10-17-13 12:52 PM
    I totally was. I was basing my projection on the quoted sales figure of 1.7 million Z10s from the June call. We now know that most of those shipments hadn't actually sold.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    So what are your predictions for the next quarter?

10-17-13 12:57 PM
    So what are your predictions for the next quarter?
    I can help you with that one

http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...arters-840499/
    10-17-13 01:00 PM

Bizarre.

Posted via CB10
    StatCounter presumably collects traffic from around the world. How many client sites are you talking about?
    10-17-13 01:00 PM
    StatCounter presumably collects traffic from around the world. How many client sites are you talking about?
    Approximately 15-20 sites. Mainly UK based. Not a massive amount but collectively approx 40,000 unique visitors per month.

^ Very small sample, but nevertheless, this sample rarely records any Blackberry devices via Google Analytics.
    10-17-13 01:03 PM
    Approximately 15-20 sites. Mainly UK based. Not a massive amount but collectively approx 40,000 unique visitors per month.

^ Very small sample, but nevertheless, this sample rarely records any Blackberry devices via Google Analytics.
    That MAY be a demographic thing. Does GA go by browser, or by device vendor, or both?

ETA: Oh, and btw, StatCounter is reporting an increase from less than 2.5% to over 5%, so by these numbers you wouldn't see many BBs anyway. Even at these small numbers, have you seen any kind of increase at all in BB traffic from April to August?
    10-17-13 01:05 PM
    That MAY be a demographic thing. Does GA go by browser, or by device vendor, or both?

ETA: Oh, and btw, StatCounter is reporting an increase from less than 2.5% to over 5%, so by these numbers you wouldn't see many BBs anyway. Even at these small numbers, have you seen any kind of increase at all in BB traffic from April to August?
    Both,

I have seen hardly any increase in Google Analytics. These are client accounts ranging from:

Fashion,
    Make up,
    Food (restaurants / takeaways etc)
    Health
    and some others:

(below is from the last 30 days)

Blackberry is 3rd mobile vendor in North America [Statcounter]-ga.jpg
    10-17-13 01:11 PM
    The user agent on my PlayBook is now a "Nexus 7" since it's the default user agent for the Origami browser...

Wouldn't that skew the numbers?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-17-13 01:19 PM
    The user agent on my PlayBook is now a "Nexus 7" since it's the default user agent for the Origami browser...

I'd imagine so.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:23 PM
    And how many people change the agent to iPhone, ipad because they want that version of a Site?
    10-17-13 01:33 PM

The analytics should still know the device. It isn't totally at the mercy of the browser's user agent.

Besides, the PlayBook is a drop in the bucket here. What we're trying to work out is how actual BlackBerry device web traffic doubled between April and August.
    10-17-13 01:35 PM
    Mr Z10, Ipad is not a mobile vendor. Do your math 3-1=2 then who is third?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 04:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not blackberry

Apple 40.4 %
    Samsung 24.1%
    HTC 8 %
    Motorola 6.9 %
    LG with 6.8 %

143.3 million people in the U.S. owned smartphones (60 percent mobile market penetration).

http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Pre...r_Market_Share

imz likes this.
    10-17-13 04:26 PM
    bbjdog... this may be news to you but... an iPad is classed as a mobile device, which is why Google classifies it underneath the mobile section in it's Analytics, as underlined in red for the uninformed in my screen shot above.

I was leaning towards Blackberry's in general barely showing in Analytics, I'm not well versed with Stat Counter and wasn't conversing on vendor specifics.

Even if you remove the iPad, and choose vendor only, then I urge you to do your math not from MY extremely small clients Analytics screenshot, but from the wider sample of statistics as kindly provided by FFR

Not blackberry

Apple 40.4 %
    Samsung 24.1%
    HTC 8 %
    Motorola 6.9 %
    LG with 6.8 %

143.3 million people in the U.S. owned smartphones (60 percent mobile market penetration).

comScore Reports July 2013 U.S. Smartphone Subscriber Market Share - comScore, Inc
    10-17-13 04:54 PM
42 12