can we use the blackberry 2 with a mac?
    10-28-09 10:31 AM
    Can a Blackberry 2 work with a Mac computer.
    10-28-09 10:33 AM
    Define "BlackBerry 2".

If you mean the Storm 2, or any other phone for that matter, then yes you can. You just need the Mac version of Desktop Manager.
    10-28-09 10:37 AM
    Seriously the naming scheme needs to be revised. I mean, what is a "BlackBerry 2" or is it the "BlackBerry2" o_O ?!

Verizon just lost a place in my heart for ignoring 8900 and calling the 8520 the Curve2. Grrr. I need some coffee and sleep perhaps.
    10-28-09 10:53 AM
    Well, since verizon didn't get the 8520, a gsm phone, nor did they get the 8900 or whatever the other gsm "curve" is and the last curve they had was the 8330, then for them and their purposes, the 8530 is the curve 2. And we all know that for verizon, there are no other network providers or technologies than the ones VZW supports... Although that's soon to be a past-tense when they launch their LTE network in 2010.

But seriously, to what are you referring when you say, "blackberry 2", the storm 2? Yes, it can be used with the BBDM for Mac although for OS upgrades, which you don't need yet, running windows xp via VMWare Fusion will be your best bet because RIM does not support OS file compilations that can be downloaded and installed to a Mac like they can be to a pc, where you don't use the DM for a pc. Probably TMI for your question, but now you know in advance... Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 01:08 PM
    Well, since verizon didn't get the 8520, a gsm phone, nor did they get the 8900 or whatever the other gsm "curve" is and the last curve they had was the 8330, then for them and their purposes, the 8530 is the curve 2. And we all know that for verizon, there are no other network providers or technologies than the ones VZW supports... Although that's soon to be a past-tense when they launch their LTE network in 2010.
    but that makes for ultimate confusion, since RIM themselves use the "2" officially in Storm2.
    10-28-09 01:11 PM
    I have to concur with you... but we should really wait for the official VZW launch of the 8530 and see how they really brand the device, I'd almost bet dollars to krispy kreme doughnuts that they go with a simple "Curve 8530" branding and simply use the "curve 2" as their unofficial "in house lingo" for simplicity sake in memos etc. Moreover, I don't work for them, ergo, I truly don't know what they're thinking or doing...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD