I'm afraid I don't really care much for either.
    04-20-12 04:13 AM
    I'm afraid I don't really care much for either.
    What? Enterprise or Klingon or BB10 and IP5?
    04-20-12 05:04 AM
    What? Enterprise or Klingon or BB10 and IP5?
    BB10 vs IP5, I'm afraid i will not like the BB10 OS, judging by the PlayBook in front of me. Could be wrong tho, but i thing BB10 will be aimed at touch screen users, new users anyway. I fell in love with the BBOS experience, BB10 is a completely new experience. I think it will be more "one app at the time" rather then "everything integrated with everything" experience we have now.
    04-20-12 05:11 AM
    BB10 vs IP5, I'm afraid i will not like the BB10 OS, judging by the PlayBook in front of me. Could be wrong tho, but i thing BB10 will be aimed at touch screen users, new users anyway. I fell in love with the BBOS experience, BB10 is a completely new experience. I think it will be more "one app at the time" rather then "everything integrated with everything" experience we have now.
    I'm having the same apprehensions as you.

The QNX OS is fine for the Playbook, but it seems far from mobile ready. The BB App integration, the BB Menu button...brings up all sorts of options in an App. BB Travel, BB Protect, Password Keeper, Notes...so much to do. I don't see this happening on BBOS10. BBOS11 or 12 maybe.

Anyway lets see what the cat drags in...
    04-20-12 05:19 AM
    does it annoy other people too that when technology is avaliable it often isnt included on the " latest device" but is promised for the next one.

I remember the big television revolution, buy a wide screen!!! then the year after!!! buy flat screen!!!! then, buy HD!!! then buy 3D!!!!

someones laughing all the way to the bank.
    04-20-12 05:38 AM
    does it annoy other people too that when technology is avaliable it often isnt included on the " latest device" but is promised for the next one.

I remember the big television revolution, buy a wide screen!!! then the year after!!! buy flat screen!!!! then, buy HD!!! then buy 3D!!!!

someones laughing all the way to the bank.
    Reminds me of the processor race in the 90's and early 2000's. Every two months there was a faster processor and bigger RAM...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-20-12 05:56 AM
    With zero information on the iPhone 5, or any BB10 device... what reliable info are you referring to?
    Replace "reliable info" with "common sense tells you"..

For example...

iPhone 5 features:

LTE
    Upgraded internals
    Better Camera
    Siri (again)
    Redesign, shatter resistant body (comparitively)
    Better Battery

BB10
    New OS
    Market Competitive Internals, Camera
    Huge Battery
    LTE
    Limited App Selection (compared to Android, iOS)
    Market

Basically, most of this is common sense. Only thing I really reached on was the Blackberry Battery. It may not be huge, depending on how thin they want it.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    04-20-12 07:34 AM
    How can you compare things that don't even exist in the public yet?

At this point, knowing nothing? My guess is on the iPhone because of the established ecosystem. I will be buying a BB10 device first though.
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-20-12 08:12 AM
    the new ipad is dual core processor and quad core GPU i think
    You are correct.

People keep saying the iPad has a quad core processor and it doesn't.
    04-20-12 08:16 AM
    I always prefer Blackberry because it is much better than iphone and best for businessmen...

Baby Monitor ~ Baby Monitors ~ USB Monitors
    04-20-12 09:04 AM
    Me : "welcome to the skating on thin ice marketing department, how may i help you?"

You : "I hear the iPad3 has a quad core processor, is that correct?"

Me : "absolutely sir!"

You : "And does the iPad have 4G"?

Me : "Of course sir, the iPad certainly supports 4G"

1. The ipad indeed has a quad core processor.. the graphics processor..tacky and underhand, but true
    2. The ipad is advertised globally as 4G ..even though 4G is not available everywhere, and even if it was, the ipad only supports very limited LTE bands.. there are court cases underway to prohibit Apple from 4G advertising and branding in several countries..

You are correct.

People keep saying the iPad has a quad core processor and it doesn't.
    04-20-12 09:15 AM
    easy. 10 > 5. therefore blackberry wins

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    brucep1 likes this.
    04-20-12 09:18 AM
    easy. 10 > 5. therefore blackberry wins

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Not in golf!
    04-20-12 09:26 AM
    That statement about someone laughing all the way to the bank; likely true but not everyone is bleeding edge. If someone buys a product, why aren't they happy with it only a year later? I am a lover of the general BBOS experience and have quite a few apprehensions about BB10 myself. Technology may advance year after year, sometimes in smaller increments quite on purpose, but why do so many have to have the latest and greatest at all times? I'm living on a 9650 and i'm not miserable. It does what I need it to, which is why I bought it to begin with.

PS: I don't even have a flat screen TV. Mine is a 32" old Sharp, and it works perfectly. The definition is not as sharp as HD? Oh boy. My vision is fine, and people look like people. Hmm.

Sent from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BitPusher2600; 04-20-12 at 02:25 PM.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-20-12 02:20 PM
    That statement about someone laughing all the way to the bank; likely true but not everyone is bleeding edge. If someone buys a product, why aren't they happy with it only a year later? I am a lover of the general BBOS experience and have quite a few apprehensions about BB10 myself. Technology may advance year after year, sometimes in smaller increments quite on purpose, but why do so many have to have the latest and greatest at all times? I'm living on a 9650 and i'm not miserable. It does what I need it to, which is why I bought it to begin with.

PS: I don't even have a flat screen TV. Mine is a 32" old Sharp, and it works perfectly. The definition is not as sharp as HD? Oh boy. My vision is fine, and people look like people. Hmm.

Lol, and i thought I was the last one without a flat screen TV, i find them too clear, takes away the magic of the movies.
    04-20-12 02:31 PM
    iphone 5 don't even exist lol
    04-20-12 02:35 PM
    I would love to do some comparisons! But I still think it's pretty early to do objective comparisons. Maybe RIM will change even the hardware of the "rumored" devices; so what we see might not even be what we get. It's so tough waiting to see what they come up with! But I do like this thread!
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    04-20-12 03:12 PM
    these are the two most anticipated and devices with so much speculation we just have to be patient. we have over 10 days to go till BBW and months till apple announcement

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    04-20-12 03:15 PM

You are awesome! I admit that I unfortunately sometimes fall victim to wanting newer stuff; but I try to just be myself and to enjoy what I do have. I have a white 9780 that I still find to be gorgeous and sexy; even against my friends' Torches, new Curves, and Androids. When I can upgrade, I might consider a different phone; but I really don't need to (unless something happens to my device, which will result in a scream of pain from me ). I certainly like playing with different or newer phones; but I'm not in need of a new one, nor do I even have the resources to purchase them.

I think that some just see the new phones and think, "It's better than mine;" and then upgrade. But my phone also does what I need it to; and so I'm quite happy with it.
    04-20-12 03:16 PM
    ooo... i got one!!!

Unicorn vs Manticore

EDIT: we are playing the 'comparing imaginary things' game... arent we?
    Last edited by FSeverino; 04-20-12 at 03:46 PM.
    04-20-12 03:43 PM
    . . .I figured using the word "hypothetical" would give people the right idea but I guess not. . .
    For the @$$holes. . .I mean trolls. . .
    hy�po�thet�i�cal   [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl]
    adjective Also, hy�po�thet�ic
    1.assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
    2.of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
    3.given to making hypotheses.
    4.Logic .
    a.(of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
    b.(of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.
    Thanks for all the folks who knew the definition. . .before this. . .
    04-20-12 04:46 PM
    I'm looking forward to an actual comparison!
    04-20-12 05:22 PM
    Ummmm... since neither is out yet or have an official release date I will say this is my prediction. Apple will have some nice presentation, make up some new feature that they will try and sell you that you cannot live without, show some heartwarming demo, and release the device just a few weeks after this staged event.

RIM will talk trash, announce a release date, delay the date, fail to properly market the device and then wonder why more and more fans jump ship?

No, I am not saying one will be better than the other, but that Apple will create the better buzz and have a more concrete release date.

I am looking forward to a BB10 device with either Bold build or a Torch slider build. I think I am partial towards that last Bold 9900/9930 touch build, if BB10 has that... I am sold!!!
    04-20-12 05:40 PM
    . . .I figured using the word "hypothetical" would give people the right idea but I guess not. . .
    For the @$$holes. . .I mean trolls. . .
    hy�po�thet�i�cal   [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl]
    adjective Also, hy�po�thet�ic
    1.assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
    2.of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
    3.given to making hypotheses.
    4.Logic .
    a.(of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
    b.(of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.
    Thanks for all the folks who knew the definition. . .before this. . .
    SO WHAT?
    Y on earth do u want folks here to be [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl]. Isn't the non-[hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl] rant of bb vs apple enough?
    Just because u can post here doesn't mean u HAVE to post. Anyone who doesn't match up ur degraded thought---probably bcoz being a conscious human being--- ends up being a TROLL?
    OP, Stop fishing here.
    04-20-12 06:06 PM
    . . .for conversation sake. . .but I guess jabs at the OP is a lot more fulfilling then civil discourse. . .I'll admit I could have pick a better thread header name but it's my fault for assuming a level of maturity here. . .
    Last edited by AfroZepher; 04-20-12 at 11:29 PM.
    04-20-12 06:34 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD