Anyone feel that the user interface is unappealing and dated? Like how there's a fugly halo around app thumbnails. Little things make up the experience. I'd love to see a freshened up UI in 10.3. I'd love to see something modern, yet professional looking. Give it to TAT. Sweedes are known for modern, clean aesthetics. (just don't do what they did with the latest ios. That looks like it was designed for little girls who like puppy dogs and bubblegum)

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and p_r_a_g_m_a like this.
    03-08-14 06:02 PM
    I don't mind it. I actually like it. I have tried iOS and thought it was pretty cool till I bought my 1st BlackBerry 10 phone. My wife and I started with the Z10 and now both moved to the Z30. Having used both, there is no way I would go back to the iPhone

Posted via CB10
    Skyforever, stlabrat and ssinghb like this.
    03-08-14 06:22 PM
    I like it. If you want pretty neon colors get an I phone

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:27 PM
    I agree. But I expect nothing, BlackBerry has never been good on the eye candy department.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-08-14 06:27 PM
    Aesthetically, yes, I think they should revamp it. Functionality trumps other OS's though.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:29 PM
    Pretty neon colors is partly why I do not have an iPhone. I'm talking aesthetics mainly.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-08-14 06:31 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:31 PM
    I agree the UI looks dated when compared to the competition. Not using TAT is really wasting talent.

Posted via CB10
    SHOBOKSHY likes this.
    03-08-14 06:37 PM
    I think the OS looks fine and I am more into functionality then looks. I came from IOS and was using Apple since the original iPhone and there's no way I am going back.

BlackBerry OS10 has improved my productivity and and I love the z30. Sold my last iPhone 5s today and not looking back.

PS: Talk about looking like bubblegum, look at IOS 7????

Posted from my BlackBerry z30 on T Mobile USA
    Last edited by bakron1; 03-08-14 at 08:13 PM.
    Dave Bourque and Skyforever like this.
    03-08-14 06:42 PM
    I'm liking it. It's simple and easy on the eyes. I'm coming from android and I don't miss the ability to change icons that much.

Posted from my Z30
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-08-14 06:42 PM
    Jeez people, even OP said not like iOS7 girly pastel colors.. CB attitude is at it, again.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    ksantor likes this.
    03-08-14 06:44 PM
    I'm with the OP on here. UI could use just a little bit of a touch-up here and there. Let TAT do it's thing, but don't let 'em go all Johny Ive over it! (talking about Johny Ive, have you guys seen this? http://jonyiveredesignsthings.tumblr.com/)

It's not that the UI is bad or anything, as it doesn't make my BB10 experience any less exciting, but it would be nice to see a little bit of variaton for the users that do want it.

Posted via CB10
    zclash and SHOBOKSHY like this.
    03-08-14 07:19 PM
    I for one prefer the icon backgrounds. It gives the "button" a little better delineation, especially with busier wallpapers. An option to turn it off would shut up the Android fanboys though.

The UI does need a little design work. All the cascades menus could do with a little texture and colour. Look at the PlayBook's setting page down the left side to see what I mean.

I also find the drop-down setting menu to be a little drab.

Overall though the UI is functional and buttons and menus are clearly marked and consistently placed, especially when I compare it to anything I've used from Android.
    03-08-14 07:53 PM
    Just a new icon layout ...maybe a bb shaped menu with ability to add a customized widget above it
    03-08-14 08:09 PM
    They need to get rid of those shadows ASAP. The icons could also use an update. They all look dull/boring.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    p_r_a_g_m_a and Georgiegeorge like this.
    03-08-14 08:11 PM
    ..there's a fugly halo around app

Posted via CB10
    Yow! I had to go back to a default wallpaper to make sure of what you were referring to there.
    Yeah you're right, they don't look so great.
    I have an entirely black wallpaper (by setting an entirely black image as the wallpaper) ...and by using it, I'd forgotten that them fugly halos ever existed.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    BerryRipe, SHOBOKSHY and Q10Bold like this.
    03-08-14 09:44 PM
    I agree the UI looks dated when compared to the competition. Not using TAT is really wasting talent.

Posted via CB10
    Compare to what an iPhone Ui that has never changed.... Lol
    03-08-14 09:50 PM
    Dated? Hardly. A lot more functional, clean and efficient than what's out there.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:51 PM
    I changed my wallpaper to black too because I don't like the shadow. A minor thing, but it matters to me. Thought maybe I was the only one

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:55 PM
    It may look dated but the UI is consistent.
    03-08-14 10:07 PM
    we need to think about what we are asking for. They have only so many resources at blackberry and so many projects to deal with. Step back and ask yourself Is the UI the most important thing they could be working on at the moment? Somehow i dont think so. User experience fixing all the little glitches and making everything work well together. Thats really what apple has that blackberry would like to have. The UI is far from perfect but its not the most urgent matter of business. They really need to work on a few new features and tying everything in together. The overall look isnt great but its not the worst either. In fact i think the android UI is terrrible. I have this on my tablet and personally it really leaves alot to be desired. Apple works well but looks rather childish. Its really for people who do very little with there phones. They work on the non tech types that dont want options and just want everything to work. Blackberry works on a business UI that needs to work for business and personal and have lots of options and additions. The UI although not perfect is better then it has been maybe some small tweaks but a general overhaul makes no sense at this time. Just make it work well together and you will actually solve alto of the complaints about the UI as its always about how it works not how it looks.
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    03-08-14 10:09 PM
    TAT did work on BB10 you know. I find it to be a combo of flat and real. Also the depth makes it feel 3D. All that needs to be added is the gyroscopic rotation of parallax. Maybe add some more customization into it. The UI should stay the way cuz it makes it look professional which is a good thing for prosumers.

Posted via CB10
    zclash likes this.
    03-08-14 10:13 PM
    Tr- so you agree that the ui needs work. My point exactly. You also say that it shouldn't be a priority, and I agree with you somewhat. I mean I'm still waiting for the promised wifi direct on my so called former flagship, the z10. But if a company can't address multiple issues at once, they won't fare well in the market. This has been BlackBerrys problem from the outset

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:28 PM
    I like it and don't find it dated at all. Since I never see the icon screens (got into the habit of going straight to the magnifying glass when I want anything) I guess I don't really notice their appearance. They look pretty good with a dark wallpaper on the Z30 though.
    03-09-14 09:57 PM
    I am fine with the os. I wish we could swap away the apps down. I really liked the layout of the play book. Have one belt for most used apps then swipe up or down from there then have pages for apps. I really like the clean original look of the os layout. Rather than the similar to the iPhone looking.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 03-10-14 at 02:23 AM.
    03-09-14 11:22 PM
45 12