Surprisingly positive article from an Android fan page. Even most of the comments are positive. People are starting to recognize the power of BB10. The video itself is old news but wanted to share. You would never see anything posted like this in iBRG

http://www.androidauthority.com/blac...inutes-132495/

Despite what everyone thought and what some hoped, Research in Motion (RIM) is not yet ready to abandon the smartphone game that brought the company so many reasons of joy in the (not so distant) past.

Furthermore, RIM is ready to go all in with a new mobile OS, BlackBerry 10, and two handhelds, which will get a gala presentation on January 30, 2013. There�s still a long way to go until we can know for sure if BB can get back on top, but for now we�ll enjoy the hints we can gather from �sources�.

The latest such source is about as official as it gets � RIM�s Regional Senior Product Manager Claudio Roselli. The official has been so kind as to show off many of the features of the BlackBerry 10 OS on camera, for the lucky guys over at Muy Computer.

The result is a pretty enjoyable 10-minute video clip that got pulled off soon after its uploading. Oops, it seems that se�or Roselli wasn�t exactly allowed to perform the demonstration. Fortunately, the video got reposted and, for the time being at least, it�s again available in all its splendor.

Among the most interesting features demoed in the clip, there�s the predictive keyboard we�ve already heard so much about, but also an �adaptive� lockscreen, the BB Hub and a screen dedicated to �efficient multitasking�. You�ll also get a tour of the BlackBerry App World, but unfortunately you�ll need to know a bit of Spanish to understand more than just what transpires directly via the images.

Though the demo is performed on a Dev Alpha B device with unfinished software, there aren�t many glitches and bugs and the OS�s fluency is actually impressive. I�m not going to spoil the pleasure of watching the video anymore, so check it out and then come back to us with the answer to the question of all questions � is BB10 a threat to Android?
    amjass12, kozmo68, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    11-19-12 08:39 AM
    Funny...... I was just there about 30 mins ago. I read the article then went to the comments expecting to read a lot of negativity but there was none. There were only 4 at the time but I was pleasantly surprised.
    kbz1960 and anon(3896606) like this.
    11-19-12 08:53 AM
    Funny...... I was just there about 30 mins ago. I read the article then went to the comments expecting to read a lot of negativity but there was none. There were only 4 at the time but I was pleasantly surprised.
    Yeah, there are about 9 responses now, with the majority very positive. People who have not been paying any attention to RIM and BB10 seem to be quite surprised by the OS they are making. These are very good signs, hope it pays off
    kbz1960 and anon(3896606) like this.
    11-19-12 09:21 AM
    Most of what I have read is good, or at the least positively curious

The theory that the world all hates RIM is a myth. Sure, there are folks that consider the platform archaic, and other silly people post stuff to get a rise out of platform enthusiasts (and I cannot believe how easily people take the bait on some of those tech blogs). If it is a good product that does well in most of the things consumers want, it will do well. We need to stop giving BGR so much power LOL.

RIM messes up, they get tagged; when it drops a gem, they get good press. Bingo.
    11-19-12 09:49 AM
    BB10 will have its own place in the mobile landscape. I think it will put up some incredible numbers once it's released. Nothing is going to threaten Android or iOS but it will eat away at their piece of the pie. I hope WP8 gains more traction as well. It would be nice to see a more balanced mobile enviroment.
    jakie55 likes this.
    11-19-12 10:20 AM
    Heck, not a threat to android, definitely to boring old ios...
    No wonder forstall got fired.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    11-19-12 10:50 AM
    Heck, not a threat to android, definitely to boring old ios...
    No wonder forstall got fired.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    The fact that people keep buying iOS devices and giving them the highest satisfaction ratings of any smartphone out there...doesn't that tell you that the 'boring' tag is pure balderdash?
    11-19-12 11:51 AM
    The fact that people keep buying iOS devices and giving them the highest satisfaction ratings of any smartphone out there...doesn't that tell you that the 'boring' tag is pure balderdash?
    Actually no. I would just say its totally main stream now. The masses are ignorant of historical and future generations of smart phones. If you asked them I would hazard a guess most would say Apple invented the smart phone
    11-19-12 11:59 AM
    Actually no. I would just say its totally main stream now. The masses are ignorant of historical and future generations of smart phones. If you asked them I would hazard a guess most would say Apple invented the smart phone
    Agreed
    11-19-12 12:01 PM
    indeed, apples brilliance was catering the the rest of the world, not just the tech savy. And unfortunately as a result, those consumers havent been exposed (in any great detail) to other platforms (since the rest came after apple anyways). That's more of a comment on other manufacturers though, not apple.

Something to note though, customer satisfaction doesn't necessarily mean 'not boring'. For some its getting old, for others it's still a good design, but regardless of how they feel about the freshness of the UI, they are by and large satisfied with the device.
    11-19-12 04:55 PM
    When I was in Hong Kong couple weeks ago, everyone was using either a Galaxy S3 or Note.

Most people who bought a iphone 5 were reselling it to vendors on the street to flip a profit. Those vendors then resell to people in China.
    11-19-12 07:17 PM
    Not for market share FOR NOW.But on a technical front and UI interraction level YES all cyborg fans know this.
    Qnx ability is top notch on the technical front and UI interaction RIM is solid its a big threat EVERYONE knows it.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 11-20-12 at 09:03 AM.
    11-19-12 09:43 PM
    Refreshing to see open minded people in mobile tech, the author was genuinely interseted.
    11-19-12 09:47 PM
    Well, this is interesting to be discussed. I have a samsung galaxy nexus, and I already installed the latest O.S, Jelly Bean. BB10 and Jelly Bean have many similarities, such as flow and peek (looks like a peek that Blackberry 10 has). Remember, similar means look like the same, but not the same. I also frequently borrow my friend's BB10AD (Rev A). So, I know the taste of Blackberry 10 is.

IN MY OPINION, The flow and peek that I found in Jelly Bean installed at my Galaxy Nexus is more fragile than what I met on BB10AD (Rev A). I don't know, maybe it because my Galaxy Nexus spec is not as high as Nexus 4. But, actually, BB10AD (Rev A) spec, I think is similar to Galaxy Nexus. The peek and flow at BB10AD (Rev A) is more vivid, more liquid, and more live than what I found on my Galaxy Nexus. If I may use the word "far", that will be more suitable for the differences.

The way we use BB10 compares with Android is far more simple and easy. Sometimes, I stuck on back menu when my galaxy nexus runs out of memory. In BB10, you just need to swipe in vertical direction from below bazel to getting out from the application. If the application runs in android player, you just need to swipe in slanting direction to go back from the page or current display to previous one.

The battery life. This one of the big matters for both my Galaxy Nexus and BB10AD (Rev A) that I borrowed. Those are out of battery almost in the same time (around 8 hours with abuse workload such as play HD games, sending+receiving emails (my email traffic is almost 100/5 minutes), social media always on, video streaming, mp3 turns on, surfing websites. take pictures, video record, making documents, read e-book, chat by messenger: BBM for BB10AD (Rev A) and Line or Whatsapp for Galaxy Nexus). But with larger screen, I think Galaxy Nexus will win if it uses the same size screen as BB10AD has.

Feel to use. Truly, I love to use my Galaxy Nexus for playing games, I can't say the reason, but it's nicer than BB10AD. Maybe it's just my own feeling. But for watching HD Movie, I prefer to use BB10AD. More vivid in color. Same as when I took pictures, I love to use BB10AD.

Conclusion: It depends on each person though for myself, I still choose BB10AD as my first smartphone and galaxy nexus as the backup and for gaming time What about you?
    spike12 and owadkelly like this.
    11-20-12 10:45 AM
    It isn't a threat to Android yet. It will become a threat once it is out in the hands of consumers
    11-20-12 08:14 PM
    Absolutely not, it tells me that the vast majority of consumers are not techno files, that Apple has succeeded in branding themselves, and that those consumers will naturally flock to a brand that is popular in the mainstream media as well as relatively problem free.

Speaking as someone who is into mobile technology, I find iOS to be stale. My opinion doesn't affect what mainstream consumers think or want.
    11-20-12 08:23 PM
    Cool post. I love that BB10 is everywhere already. On the way to becoming ubiqituous and we're still so "far" from launch.
    kacantrell likes this.
    11-20-12 08:40 PM
    I don't see how historical information is relevant to what he said. People buy iPhones because they are great devices point blank. Sales data and consumer satisfaction tends to speak volume you know. Who cares who invented the smartphone or who will be the top dog in the future. People buy what works for them right now, and right now Apple is a great consumer/business device.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-20-12 09:11 PM
    Absolutely not, it tells me that the vast majority of consumers are not techno files, that Apple has succeeded in branding themselves, and that those consumers will naturally flock to a brand that is popular in the mainstream media as well as relatively problem free.

Speaking as someone who is into mobile technology, I find iOS to be stale. My opinion doesn't affect what mainstream consumers think or want.
    If you don't use iOS, and haven't used it for years, how can it possibly be 'stale'?!
    This is the funny part I don't get from people like you who make this statement. It's a ludicrous as a linux user since 1999 calling Windows UI 'stale'.

Secondly, many iPhone users are technophiles too...Apple frequently is on the leading edge of tech specs afterall. Plus many people just want something that works well without any hassles.
    11-21-12 12:19 AM
    If you don't use iOS, and haven't used it for years, how can it possibly be 'stale'?!
    No need to end your reply with "!?" I'd be more than glad to discuss this in a calm and rational manner. You completely misinterpreted (or simply just skimmed) my post. I said that in MY opinion as someone into mobile tech, it is stale to me. I also made it crystal clear that MY opinion doesn't reflect your average consumer who doesn't follow mobile tech very much and simply wants a decent smartphone that works solidly whether it has cutting edge innovations, bells, whistles etc or not. For those people, who haven't used iOS and aren't really concerned how much iOS has changed in a few years, it won't be stale. To them. You're actually agreeing with what I already said but you appear agitated anyway.

This is the funny part I don't get from people like you who make this statement. It's a ludicrous as a linux user since 1999 calling Windows UI 'stale'.
    "people like me"? What's that supposed to mean? I'm confused. Anyway, see above I already covered this.
    Secondly, many iPhone users are technophiles too...Apple frequently is on the leading edge of tech specs afterall. Plus many people just want something that works well without any hassles
    I never denied either of those points, but ok? I'm sure many iPhone users are. I'd place a hefty wager that the majority by a large margin of ANY smartphone OS consumers just want a smartphone and aren't actually tech enthusiasts. Obviously I'm not going to get drawn into a silly and pointless charade of "proving" that by launching a Harvard University survey of 1,000,000 smartphone users. All one needs to do is take a look at any average workplace that has a few hundred employees, and you'll get into detailed mobile technology conversations with but a small handful of them. And even of that handful, maybe half of those base their knowledge base on reading dubious tech blogs.

You're pretty wound up tex, grab a pint or two and then we'll chat.
    11-21-12 08:16 AM
    Apple frequently is on the leading edge of tech specs afterall. Plus many people just want something that works well without any hassles.
    Apple never was and never will be "on the leading edge of tech specs afterall", they are always 2 at best 1 year behind the technological curve. It's desktop software (iTunes) is a mess on windows, and that is where the majority of users are. Email is rubbish, Phone capability is rubbish, Facebook and Google integration non existent. I have to agree that the learning curve is easier, but you know why? Because not much is happening in iOS. It's like saying: a sword is way better than Kalashnikov, because sword never jams and is easier to use. There is one thing going for iPhone- Apples great and mighty marketing machine, that and a shiny case. Otherwise it's a gimmick, sad you don't see it.
    kacantrell likes this.
    11-21-12 11:06 AM
    Apple never was and never will be "on the leading edge of tech specs afterall", they are always 2 at best 1 year behind the technological curve. It's desktop software (iTunes) is a mess on windows, and that is where the majority of users are. Email is rubbish, Phone capability is rubbish, Facebook and Google integration non existent. I have to agree that the learning curve is easier, but you know why? Because not much is happening in iOS. It's like saying: a sword is way better than Kalashnikov, because sword never jams and is easier to use. There is one thing going for iPhone- Apples great and mighty marketing machine, that and a shiny case. Otherwise it's a gimmick, sad you don't see it.
    Hate to break it to you buddy, but the consumer/business sector is proving you wrong.

11-21-12 11:55 AM
    his comparison is the only thing that's wrong with his statement.

its should be a sword is better than a light saber as there is no chance of it not working or running out of light...........

beyond that the apple marketing machine has done a better job then any other in selling their products as the best on the market. even if it comes out with issues people still buy because they feel they need it
    sydsam likes this.
    11-21-12 12:12 PM
    I don't see how historical information is relevant to what he said. People buy iPhones because they are great devices point blank. Sales data and consumer satisfaction tends to speak volume you know. Who cares who invented the smartphone or who will be the top dog in the future. People buy what works for them right now, and right now Apple is a great consumer/business device.
    Sorry you miss the point of the two sentences together. Probably would have made more sense to you as a separate paragraph.

Implying that people buy devices because they are the best, is well, funny. I think that is probably the least of all reasons people buy things, but that's just my opinion.
    11-21-12 12:13 PM
    Hate to break it to you buddy, but the consumer/business sector is proving you wrong.

How so? Because a lot of people bought into Apple's marketing? A lot of people bought into Hitler and Stalin and honestly believed they were outstanding leaders. This still doesn't prove that those two haven't committed the worst atrocities the world has ever seen, and have been misbehaving on a massive scale in general.
    11-21-12 12:23 PM
64 123