Sorry, it was lame; embarassing. It did nothing to showcase the phone or it's real features. Perhaps the critics are correct: that it's OS, while different, is just a variation on a generic theme; nothing amazing; no real communications break-through.
    02-05-13 09:16 AM
    Ignored it until I heard "The new BlackBerry Z10". When I looked up, the commercial was already over.
    So how did you like the Budweiser ad? Did you learn anything about the beer? Did you look up and see it was an ad for a beer, not a horse?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    02-05-13 09:41 AM
    I am an advertising and marketing guy by trade and passion, so I tend to look at these things with a more critical eye than others. For what it�s worth, I thought this was one of the worst ads at the Super Bowl.

Looking at the first two teasers, I thought they were onto something cool with the colors and special effects. The third teaser threw me off, but I was still excited none the less. When the ad aired and I was watching it, I kept thinking, �ok�ok�okkkkk�.ok������wait, what?� I legitimately didn�t understand. The imagery is interesting and stimulating, but I fail to see how it relates to the Z10 at all. The tagline, �in 30 seconds, it�s quicker to show you what it can�t do� also didn�t make any sense to me.

It can�t put out a fire? Because judging by the video, it just did.

It can�t make you have elephant legs? Because it just did.

It can�t teleport you underground with a rainbow cloud of smoke? Because it just did.

It can�t turn a jack-knifed tractor trailer into a cloud of rubber duckies? Because��..it just did.

If the whole premise of the commercial was to come up with a few outrageous things the phone can�t do, in an effort to insinuate that it can do almost anything else, then why did they shoot the commercial showing a guy with a Z10 doing all of those things? The logic is flawed � and not in an obviously funny way, either.

Considering the position that BlackBerry is in right now, this commercial was absolutely the wrong direction. I know that the Super Bowl is advertising�s most grand event, and very often showcases a brand�s best thinking and creativity, but the teaser Super Bowl ad that showed up on CB late last week would have been much more compelling. At this point, people in America need to be told that this is a brand new operating system, a brand new BlackBerry and they need to start to show off some of the features.

Instead of the hub or timeshift camera (this phone�s absolute best pitch angle for advertising), we get clouds of smoke, elephant legs and rubber duckies. Really poorly executed.

Not only does the commercial not make sense (IMO), but BlackBerry completely missed the boat in terms of branding. For a struggling brand launching a new product, this was a huge opportunity for BB and they completely blew it.
    I gotta say I loved the ad. But I have a thing for conceptual advertizing, things that make you think and smile, not try desperately to be hilarious. I was surprised by the reaction of most people towards it. I guess the feedback shows it was the wrong ad for that specific crowd. But I seriously refuse to believe that americans are really so braindead that they couldn't get it. Maybe The mood is different during the superbowl or something.

regarding your comment about the flawed logic... There is no flaw: they are showing you something that cannot be done. of course they will show the z10 guy doing it. That's the whole point. how can someone not get that. If they showed you what the iPhone couldn't do, that would miss the point completely.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    cpsquires likes this.
    02-06-13 08:54 AM
    I gotta say I loved the ad. But I have a thing for conceptual advertizing, things that make you think and smile, not try desperately to be hilarious. I was surprised by the reaction of most people towards it. I guess the feedback shows it was the wrong ad for that specific crowd. But I seriously refuse to believe that americans are really so braindead that they couldn't get it. Maybe The mood is different during the superbowl or something.

regarding your comment about the flawed logic... There is no flaw: they are showing you something that cannot be done. of course they will show the z10 guy doing it. That's the whole point. how can someone not get that. If they showed you what the iPhone couldn't do, that would miss the point completely.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    This, exactly this. Maybe they should have left this ad for Canada only, we are known for our sense of humor up here haha.
    02-06-13 09:00 AM
    So how did you like the Budweiser ad? Did you learn anything about the beer? Did you look up and see it was an ad for a beer, not a horse?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Loved the Budweiser ad. They've used horses over the years in Superbowl spots and I'm sure most viewers have that association in mind. It's more about tradition at this point for them, than it is about their product. It was also fine story telling in a short amount of time. Sure it's my fault for dismissing the BB ad as soon as it started (as I was waiting to see the BB ad), but a random guy walking down the street didn't capture my interest. Seth Rogen and Paul something did capture my interest in that refreshing, long but amusing ad for Samsung that I watched from beginning to end. Defending this BB ad is a losing battle. It was poorly executed. I watched it on youtube after the game - terrible. They could've set a better tone for the marketing efforts down the road. Apparently the team who conceived the ad is also the team behind the Snickers campaign. Sticking with that concept would've been better..."you're not the same without your BlackBerry"
    02-26-13 11:28 AM
155 ... 567