Is that still going to happen? With all the love the new phones and OS are getting it's making me curious as to what BB10 will look like on the PlayBook. I would really like an idea of what the experience on the tablet would be like. Please let the comments rush in!!!!
    01-12-13 02:09 AM
    Top worst threads:
    1.Skype
    2.Netflix
    3.Bb10 on playbook

We don't know when
    01-12-13 02:28 AM
    it will come, i cant wait. im on my playbook right now. i hate the keyboard and the browser. also would love bedside mode.
    nappp likes this.
    01-12-13 02:40 AM
    it will come, i cant wait. im on my playbook right now. i hate the keyboard and the browser. also would love bedside mode.
    Do a wipe and your keyboard will lose that lag. Browser becomes refreshed as well!
    01-12-13 03:02 AM
    Do a wipe and your keyboard will lose that lag. Browser becomes refreshed as well!
    +1 but I think he also means he hates the keyboard just in comparison to the BB10 keyboard. It did get to the point where my browser was slower than my 3G 9930's browser, but the wipe helped it out a lot. Still a crappy keyboard in comparison to BB10's, but its just on par with everything else out there currently.
    01-12-13 03:36 AM
    +1 but I think he also means he hates the keyboard just in comparison to the BB10 keyboard. It did get to the point where my browser was slower than my 3G 9930's browser, but the wipe helped it out a lot. Still a crappy keyboard in comparison to BB10's, but its just on par with everything else out there currently.
    I routinly find myself jumping to my 9900 because its a faster browser and the typing is pro. Main problem with the keyboard is being so laggy, sometimes to the point where its just dead and I give up. But also simple things like capitilizing "I" and the start of sentences. Ill do a wipe to keep it in my hands untill BB10 though, thanks for the tip
    01-12-13 08:45 AM
    I routinly find myself jumping to my 9900 because its a faster browser and the typing is pro. Main problem with the keyboard is being so laggy, sometimes to the point where its just dead and I give up. But also simple things like capitilizing "I" and the start of sentences. Ill do a wipe to keep it in my hands untill BB10 though, thanks for the tip
    I had the same experience with the browsers on my PlayBook and on my Dev Alpha. They work great to accurately render content, but the more pages you load, the slower they become till the point that they simply refuse to load a page until you perform a reboot. BB10 on the Dev Alpha still hasn't fix the PlayBook browser lag. Clips on YouTube show it loading a few pages really fast, but what those clips don't show is how the browser eventually beings to crawl to a snails pace the more you use it. For browsing I still prefer my Bold 99 over any other BlackBerry I've used.

I think the problems with the PlayBook and Dev Alpha browsers are because of them needing more than 1 GB of ram, hopefully the real BB10 devices get the rumored 2 GB of ram. That won't help the PlayBook's browser any, but at least BB10 phones will probably be more useable for browsing.
    Last edited by Saiga; 01-12-13 at 06:21 PM.
    mincanada likes this.
    01-12-13 09:05 AM
    it will come when it comes. there is no big rush to put BB10 on the PB right now. yes the PB is hurting but not as bad as the phones. it will come when it comes lets just deal with one OS at a time.
    01-12-13 09:21 AM
    Top worst threads:
    1.Skype
    2.Netflix
    3.Bb10 on playbook

We don't know when
    I lol'd

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    01-12-13 09:26 AM
    Top worst threads:
    1.Skype
    2.Netflix
    3.Bb10 on playbook

We don't know when
    Well, Kevin should have asked Thorsten. After all, it already runs a QNX based OS. How long will it take to port over BB10?
    Start asking the tough questions to Thorsten. Is it going to be very soon after the launch? If not, is it a corporate strategy to wait or do they just need a lot of time and it is a lower priority.
    01-12-13 10:05 AM
    January 30th we'll know, possibly.
    01-12-13 01:23 PM
    Well, Kevin should have asked Thorsten. After all, it already runs a QNX based OS. How long will it take to port over BB10?
    Start asking the tough questions to Thorsten. Is it going to be very soon after the launch? If not, is it a corporate strategy to wait or do they just need a lot of time and it is a lower priority.
    Kevin won't tell us what Thorsten tells him. That would probably be the last conversation he ever has with him if he did.
    01-12-13 02:06 PM
    If he won't say when the phones are going to be available, and he's been asked more than a few times, how would asking him when BB10 will be on PlayBook be any different? The answer will be the same..... after the launch of the phones.
    01-12-13 02:13 PM
    Top worst threads:
    1.Skype
    2.Netflix
    3.Bb10 on playbook

We don't know when
    Harsh. Everyone is just bored waiting and asking questions.
    BigAl_BB9900 and jegs2 like this.
    01-12-13 03:19 PM
    Harsh. Everyone is just bored waiting and asking questions.
    Yeah, but the op could have revived an old thread (there are way too many of these threads)..
    Also, this should have been in one of the PlayBook sub-forums...
    01-12-13 03:22 PM
    I know but he is new (10 posts) and I hate to see new guys run off. I was new once and made a lot of mistakes with my early posts. The harsh attitude etc. back then almost ran me off. Lucky for me a few guys were nice about it and took the time to explain rather than just leaving harsh comments.

I just want new guys to feel welcome.
    01-12-13 04:02 PM
    Top worst threads:
    1.Skype
    2.Netflix
    3.Bb10 on playbook

We don't know when
    01-12-13 04:17 PM
    Top worst threads:
    1.Skype
    2.Netflix
    3.Bb10 on playbook

Also add in
    1. Is there going to be a keyboard for BB10?
    2. Is there still going to be a trackpad?

We don't know when
    01-12-13 04:31 PM
    Playbook has an excellent browser, not sure what some on this thread are writing about on here??? Are your running an updated OS? No way my BB7 phone is as fast a browser as a Playbook using wifi on both.
    01-12-13 05:08 PM
    Playbook Browser is awful. Make a pictures search in Google and scrollen down and up again... Fast? Maybe. Performance? No, missing part and yes, I am on latest os.

I have heard: BB10 on playbook will have an app called Troll Zapper. One click on a troll like Super Smuckula and zapp the troll is gone. I like this app
    blacksea07 likes this.
    01-12-13 05:56 PM
    Playbook Browser is awful. Make a pictures search in Google and scrollen down and up again... Fast? Maybe. Performance? No, missing part and yes, I am on latest os.

I have heard: BB10 on playbook will have an app called Troll Zapper. One click on a troll like Super Smuckula and zapp the troll is gone. I like this app
    Hopefully troll zapper is a super app and connected to the forums
    01-12-13 07:42 PM
    What's up with retweeting posts? This aint twitter is it?
    BB10 for Playbook = 7 inches of awesomeness.
    01-12-13 08:20 PM
    I know but he is new (10 posts) and I hate to see new guys run off. I was new once and made a lot of mistakes with my early posts. The harsh attitude etc. back then almost ran me off. Lucky for me a few guys were nice about it and took the time to explain rather than just leaving harsh comments.

I just want new guys to feel welcome.
    I agree with you. I will never understand why people are not patient with new members who ask questions...it may be a repeat question but getting snarky just drives them away...we are here to help...If the question or post annoys people they should just ignore it...there will always be a few people to answer it and be welcoming.
    01-12-13 08:37 PM
    I agree with you. I will never understand why people are not patient with new members who ask questions...it may be a repeat question but getting snarky just drives them away...we are here to help...If the question or post annoys people they should just ignore it...there will always be a few people to answer it and be welcoming.
    well said! couldn't agree more.
    01-13-13 07:06 AM
    Now when you say wipe...are we talking browser history?
    01-13-13 11:34 AM
30 12