I was reading about this phone online that has a projector built into it. What better idea for bb10 than to put on on it. Think of it, you're a buisiness individual on the go, you arrive at your workplace or on the go work place such as selling products to someone. You whip out your blackberry slap her on a desk, turn the lights off, fire up the projector and wow the people you're presenting to. This would also be great for everyday people such as myself who lack a tv. you could even have it bridged with another phone.
    06-01-12 06:51 PM
    Good idea.
    Though the idea has been around for a few years. I saw an LG on you tube a couple years ago that did it.

edit:
    found it...kind of chubby though. Hopefully RIM can do better

there are other
    06-01-12 07:53 PM
    LOL u do understand how thick that would make the device right??? That would instantly make it DOA to many tech blogs
    06-01-12 09:49 PM
    Pico Projectors SUCK

It would be a horrible feature, if anything RIM should brand a birdgeable Pico Projector that shares batteries with phones
    sleepngbear likes this.
    06-01-12 11:17 PM
    More of a gimmick than anything. The brightness and picture quality generally leaves much to be desired and the battery hit would be enormous. Maybe as a stand-alone accessory, but not built in. The few times you would use it wouldn't warrant carrying all the hardware all the time.

Plus, unless you're selling BlackBerry, your presentation will hopefully wow them more than the equipment used to present it.
    06-02-12 12:18 AM
    More of a gimmick than anything. The brightness and picture quality generally leaves much to be desired and the battery hit would be enormous. Maybe as a stand-alone accessory, but not built in. The few times you would use it wouldn't warrant carrying all the hardware all the time.

Plus, unless you're selling BlackBerry, your presentation will hopefully wow them more than the equipment used to present it.

Your presentation encompasses everything, from the way your shoes are tied, to the color of your belt, to the tools you choose to use.

There would certainly be a wow factor presenting directly from your phone, mind you I think it would make it harder to give the presentation so it is a bad idea over all,
    but my first presentation using my PlayBook had comments about my preparedness and fluidity, which was no different than when I use a laptop, but the perception was I did better using my PlayBook, because it was new to the people seeing a tablet being used
    06-02-12 08:27 AM
    Perhaps you might find this little projector interesting. Its being sold on shopblackberry.com

MicroVision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pocket Projector - RIM CA
    06-02-12 06:06 PM
    Perhaps you might find this little projector interesting. Its being sold on shopblackberry.com

MicroVision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pocket Projector - RIM CA
    This model has been replaced by a newer model by MicroVision. Oh, the MicroVision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pocket Projector on the shopblackberry website has been out of stock since early this year.
    06-02-12 06:16 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Beam

Worlds slimmest projector phone:

creates image up to 50' in size
    15 Lumen
    Running 2.3 Gingerbread
    1ghz Dual Core

12.5mmthick
    06-02-12 06:53 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Beam

Worlds slimmest projector phone:

creates image up to 50' in size
    15 Lumen
    Running 2.3 Gingerbread
    1ghz Dual Core

12.5mmthick
    Phil and the Android boys discussed this phone on one of their makeshift podcasts from a hotel room while in Barcelona. If I remember correctly, they were saying that the projector points up to the ceiling and that 15 Lumen is enough to see the image but not enough to make it very good.

I'd rather see DLNA or just stick my HDMI cable into my Playbook.
    06-03-12 01:22 AM
    Just a docking station, with the projector included. Very cool idea!!
    06-03-12 03:59 AM
    Phil and the Android boys discussed this phone on one of their makeshift podcasts from a hotel room while in Barcelona. If I remember correctly, they were saying that the projector points up to the ceiling and that 15 Lumen is enough to see the image but not enough to make it very good.

I'd rather see DLNA or just stick my HDMI cable into my Playbook.
    15 lumens require almost total darkness. 100 is pretty much needed for practicality.
    06-03-12 04:04 AM
    it projects to walls not ceilings just watch the video. Setting your phone to project to the ceiling is a really bad idea. Yes the 15lumens isnt truly enough, but considering the size ans form factor it's pretty cool.

Blackberry should sell a solution not a projector phone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD