View Poll Results: Which Form Factor Would you Want?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • London - All Touch Device

25 19.38%
  • Blade - Slider Device

51 39.53%
  • Victory(Bold)

51 39.53%
  • Other - Post your idea

2 1.55%
    I want the Victory Bold style personally

BUT RIM first needs to launch the London style, and have a heavy marketing push behind it, then as that marketing begins to saturate I want my Victory bold with a new Advertising push
    I agree.

They have to start with a big marketing push on a London style phone. Then introduce a Keyboard phone after that.

Loyal users want the keyboard so less marketing will be required, but I really, really hope we don't have to wait very long for it. Maybe two months after the London?
    04-15-12 09:27 AM
    First there are a couple of must haves for me:
    1. physical call/end buttons are a must. I've used every phone OS out there and one thing I always miss on everything not a BB is the ability to immediately return to a call when multi-tasking, and the ability to immediately and consistently end a call.
    2. physical keyboard. this is a no-brainer to me, it is one of the key differentiators with a BB and if this is left behind, RIM will risk losing a significant portion of its userbase.

3. Finally, BB10 must be rock solid, complete, and launch with premium application partners. Look at the Playbook when it first came out - very good quality but missing key features and promised partners never delivered. A similar launch of BB10 would be disastrous for RIM.

So back on topic, which do I want?

1. Blade looks like it combines the best of both worlds. I absolutely love this concept but also question the ability to execute on it. I was an owner of one of the original Torches and it was a fair experience at best. If they can do this and get it right, it could be a game changer and help regain market momentum.

2. Victory is second for me. Classic form factor is the next generation of the Bold line. Just please add call/end buttons!

3. London is third, and it's a distant third. I would be unlikely to buy this model.

I think it's worth noting that the Concept reportedly out of RIM is far behind. That's not a good sign for RIM if it's true.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-15-12 10:04 AM
    Okay, so this thing still has a couple more hours to go, but clearly we as the existing base, we want something with a keyboard. Roughly 80% of people chose the Victory and Blade which between the two was pretty even.

While that may look bad for the London folks, don't forget that the next generation of phones has to appeal to the masses and the masses really aren't us anymore. The poll doesn't give enough detail to speculate on how the London will do but it does tell me that people don't really want more of the same.

Just under 60% of people chose the London and the Blade which offer new styling directions and class leading specs.

LOL, who am I kidding, I can make these numbers go in any direction I want too.

What do you guys get from this?
    04-15-12 05:56 PM
    I would prefer to have the Blade because it has a sophisticated design that will stand out. It also retains the keyboard but have the big touch screen, and not just a plain flat touch screen but a sleek sexy designed touch screen that no other smartphone can offer. But of course, performance is yet to be tested so RIM should prove their worth and redeem themselves...
    04-15-12 06:57 PM
    The blade is sick with the victory a close second but the London may be there best bet to launch first and then come out with the keyboard model shortly after. I showed all three to an android user who said he would drop his Motorola in a second for any of the three I showed him
    jkomo001 likes this.
    04-26-12 07:13 PM
    I would get the blade before any other BB10 phone. It's the perfect combo, big screen with a physical keyboard.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    04-26-12 09:39 PM
    For me, it would be similar to the 9900 or the torch.
    04-27-12 03:03 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD