What's up with all these Blackberries I'm seeing on Ebay being sold out of Hong Kong. They are genereally priced significantly less than comparable ones sold from with the US or Canada. I'm wondering if these are the same phones or if there's a reason to be concerned about buying one.

Thanks
    12-06-08 09:22 AM
    I'd never buy anything from ebay from Hong Kong !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 11:39 PM
    I'd never buy anything from ebay from Hong Kong !!

While I see where you're coming from. what's the verdict on why? They seem to sell a lot of them and have great feedback. Surely there has to be many Crackberry-heads who have purchased from Hong Kong. I just want to know if they're happy with their purchases.
    12-07-08 02:14 AM
    I have bought memory cards, comics, and tons of games from Hong Kong, the downside is it takes a couple weeks to get stuff, but I usually save so much money a get 3 or 4. I have never had an issue with any Hong Kong sellers. As for will the phones work on US networks? I don't know. Some of the games I get are in Chinese but play fine in my psp or DS and they are usually fighting games where language doesn't effect you much.
    You could ask the seller if the phones will work on US towers they may not know or they may know a lot more than us.
    "there is no dumb question if it asked in true ignorance of the answer"

12-07-08 10:34 AM
    i think most of the stuff from HK isnt genuine

and it takes 4ever to ship
    12-07-08 06:14 PM
    Genuine don't matter if it works and serves the same purpose.

12-07-08 07:47 PM
    I get most of my parts for repairing BB's from china because that is where most of the parts are made, SO yes they are oem parts, but because you are buying them directly from the suppliers and not from a RIM distributor you can get them cheaper and yeah it takes a little longer to get here but the wait is worth it. I have yet to get anything bad out of china and have been buying stuff on ebay from there for over 5 years now.
    12-08-08 12:46 AM
    U been buying off eBay for 2 years and I'd say about 1\3 of my buys are Hong Kong and I have no issues with what I buy. Like keswan said most of this stuff is made in china anyway we just eliminate the middle men.

12-08-08 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD