hello pal, as a former Bold user, it has a white trackball and it was very inaccurate, i hated it, but when i got the Curve 8900 it came with the black ball that is almost perfect,l super smooth and accurate

whats the difference between the 2?
    thanks
    07-15-09 07:49 PM
    Um correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference is the color. One isn't. Faster then the other

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 07:58 PM
    I find the black trackball to be faster, smoother, more precise, jump higher and overall have better genetics. You can't be serious. Plus now that I've gone with the black "trackball" I can't go back to the white one.
    07-15-09 08:03 PM
    I find the black trackball to be faster, smoother, more precise, jump higher and overall have better genetics. You can't be serious. Plus now that I've gone with the black "trackball" I can't go back to the white one.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^+5,000

The black trackball to me has a different feel and to me would feel just as
    smooth overtime as when I first got the phone.

After a while the white trackball loses its "texture" so to speak and becomes
    way too slippery. I'd put a black trackball on my Bold if I actually wanted to
    risk opening the phone, but I won't.
    07-15-09 08:12 PM
    The difference is quite simple and obvious

White - will eventually discolor
    Black - wont.
    07-15-09 08:21 PM
    The black is easier to grab, is less slippery and has a overall better feel, I'm sure it have to do with the material, will someone confirm this.

07-15-09 08:29 PM
    The black is easier to grab, is less slippery and has a overall better feel, I'm sure it have to do with the material, will someone confirm this.
    Any "felt" differences in the trackballs of different colors is purely
    imagination. I have 2 phones with white, one with black and one
    that I installed a black but it met a tragic end. There is no difference
    in feel beyond the fact that one white is smooth and one is "gritty"

As to the material, it's all the same.
    07-15-09 08:37 PM
    Its more smoother!!!
    07-15-09 08:43 PM
    I switched my 8330 to a black trackball and it feels and works exactly the same as the original white trackball.
    07-15-09 09:25 PM
    Are you using the 8900 one?
    07-15-09 09:59 PM
    black is betta
    07-15-09 11:11 PM
    I bought the black G1 trackball for my Curve and ot is smooth as silk compared to the white one it came with. The original white one was grainy feeling.
    07-15-09 11:30 PM
    Whatever happened to the "atomic" trackball?

07-16-09 12:50 AM
    Black doesn't get that dingy look after months of use, at least you don't see it anymore ^^
    07-16-09 01:15 AM
    I'm sure that the black have some improvements over the white, I just can't confirm it

07-16-09 08:25 AM
    i bought an aftermarket black trackball for my 8330 and it doesnt work as well as the white one. It doesnt scroll up as good as it scrolls down. Got it at fonlogix
    07-30-09 03:58 PM
    I bought the black G1 trackball for my Curve and ot is smooth as silk compared to the white one it came with. The original white one was grainy feeling.

I did the same thing and have to agree..the G1 is better...

JC
    07-31-09 01:00 AM
    The only difference between the white and black trackballs is appearance. I used to have a white trackball on my Bold until I changed to a black trackball. The only reason for the change is that the white trackball would get dirty. Performance and feel were the same. I actually like the white trackball better if I were able to keep it clean. If RIM would make a cleaning solution for the trackballs, I would never switch to black.
    07-31-09 01:17 AM
    I like the Black better.
    07-31-09 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD