I have never used BB Maps, due to Verizon locking it down. Now that is no longer locked, does BBmaps work anything like VZ nav? Will BBmaps show me as I go down the street on the map?
    12-06-08 10:03 PM
    Features

• Interactive maps allow you to easily pan left, right, up and down and zoom in and out while viewing locations and directions
    • New! Local search � Looking for a cup of coffee? Nearest hospital or post office? Locate your options within a 30-km radius**. Enter a search term like �pizza� to view a list of places to grab a slice.
    • Works with other BlackBerry� applications � send maps via email and launch maps from other applications, including viewing the home or work address of contacts from your address book on a map
    • Bookmark your favorite locations to keep them handy for future reference
    • Can plan your route, displaying it visually on the map with step-by-step instructions
    • Enhance the experience with a GPS-enabled BlackBerry smartphone or Bluetooth�-enabled GPS receiver � view your current location with greater accuracy and track your route to your target destination
    • Fully optimized for BlackBerry smartphones � provides fast loading times and efficient data usage
    • Maps are drawn dynamically � provides fast map re-draws so you can pan, zoom and rotate maps quickly
    • Works with the same wireless network that you use today, so you won't have to switch carriers to start taking advantage of easy to use, mobile maps*
    Download BlackBerry Maps now
    12-06-08 10:08 PM
    Thanks

12-06-08 10:20 PM
    If you can, I would recommend using Google Maps, BB Maps are terrible!
    12-07-08 12:33 AM
    BB Maps is great for basic gps but does not have voice and does not give turn by turn directions.
    12-07-08 12:41 AM
    If you can, I would recommend using Google Maps, BB Maps are terrible!
    I wouldn't say its terrible, but that they have different strengths. I use both for that reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 01:38 AM
    bbmaps is nice..

google maps is nice also.. I like street view

however I tend to use bbmaps more often
    12-07-08 02:11 AM
    Well BB maps runs sooo slow on my phone whereas google doesn't and google has better features and more of them. I just think it runs a lot better and is easier to use.

12-07-08 10:21 AM
    It's nice to have both now that Verizon unlocked BB maps, never really got to use BB maps before.
    12-07-08 10:46 AM
    I have messed around with BB maps a little and as of now I think I will be sticking with VZ Nav

12-07-08 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD