hi. i am new to crackberry.com in the hope that someone can please help me fix my blackberry. I have the blackberry 8520. Originally when i got it the trackpad hardly worked. From reading forums, it was just dirty. so i cleaned it out and finally it was fixed. Then i fell in love with my blackberry. It was good for 3 months Just 3 days ago, out of nowhere my bb decided to have a stroke and lost its mobility. at times any button i press is unresponsive. however sometimes it comes back and works perfect. I have done countless battery pulls. And i just noticed that if i turn my phone off using the red end call button, it will no longer turn on with the red end call button. that just started yesterday. So no matter what i have to do a battery pull in order to turn it on. I also notice if i am texting it normally freezes when i press n or a. because it changes to the spanish letters. At the current moment my track pad stopped working, but it is not the same reason as before. I think all of these issues should have one easy solution, but i havent figured it out. please somebody help me i would be most grateful
    10-16-10 01:34 AM
    It hasn't been exposed to water or even really humid environments (like in the bathroom with the shower on steaming up the place or anything)?

That seems odd that a battery pull would fix it even temporarily if it was water related though.

When it freezes, how about what happens if you're just patient and let it sit a few minutes, will it start working again on its' own? My former Tour would lag/freeze sometimes up to a minute at a timewithout showing the hourglass...
    10-16-10 08:45 AM
    try to reload the os ? Maybe a curropt file hanging around there
    10-16-10 06:52 PM
    how long have you had the device? if it's under a year i would exchange it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 08:57 PM
    from my experience with faulty cells they dont exchange it , they send it away from repairs then if they cant fix it they will replace it ...
    10-16-10 09:59 PM
    I would say reload the OS too and see if that helps. If not, and its not water damaged, you just might have a faulty unit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 10:49 PM
    thanks for all the help. To answer some questions asked- no it hasnt been exposed to water. Ten minutes before it decided not to work it was sitting nicely on a table. Also it doesnt work after a while. However i did find out, if while i am typing and it freezes, if i keep typing eventually like within the minute it will come back from being frozen, most times at least. I also found out when it freezes if i hit the mute button it comes back. Still my trackpad has not fixed itself. I cant return it because i bought it on craigslist. Question? i see people say to reinstall the os. i am sorry. what does that mean? and how do i do it? can someone explain it in lamen terms? thanks
    10-18-10 02:15 AM
    thanks for all the help. To answer some questions asked- no it hasnt been exposed to water. Ten minutes before it decided not to work it was sitting nicely on a table. Also it doesnt work after a while. However i did find out, if while i am typing and it freezes, if i keep typing eventually like within the minute it will come back from being frozen, most times at least. I also found out when it freezes if i hit the mute button it comes back. Still my trackpad has not fixed itself. I cant return it because i bought it on craigslist. Question? i see people say to reinstall the os. i am sorry. what does that mean? and how do i do it? can someone explain it in lamen terms? thanks
    First things first: What provider is your phone through?
    10-18-10 10:23 PM
    What operating system version does it have on it (press alt+right caps key+h and look for "app version")? Do you have a PC?
    10-19-10 04:40 AM
    well my phone is officially dead it came back to life for one day, worked perfect, and never turned on again. oh well. i am looking for another one, hopefully no problems. thanks for all the help
    10-25-10 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD