Hi,

my BB 8520 is constantly communicating, this is not only interfering with my radio but I wonder if it is draining battery unnecessarily. I also notice the browser is always on, is this some kind of start up option turned on? Whenever I go to switch application it is always there, even if I go into it and go to close. There are little arrows pointing diagonally at the top right of the phone screen indicating communication also.

is this something I can do something about?

Thanks in advance,
    04-21-11 11:38 AM
    I was having that problem. Do you have gps turned on. To be honest I don't know the code numbers, so I am not sure what cell phone company you are with.

Mine was draining fast and I realized that the world phone option was on- so I changed it to 1xEvDo and the battery has since improved significantly.
    04-21-11 01:17 PM
    I was having that problem. Do you have gps turned on. To be honest I don't know the code numbers, so I am not sure what cell phone company you are with.

Mine was draining fast and I realized that the world phone option was on- so I changed it to 1xEvDo and the battery has since improved significantly.
    The 8520 is the GSM-version
    04-21-11 01:40 PM
    When you open the application switcher, what programs do you have open? Is it just the normal 5 that should be open? Home, Browser, Phone, Messages, BBM?

Check to make sure tha tyou don't have any apps running in the background that aren't supposed to be. The browser does not close out like other applications. The five that I listed above will always be open regardless of what you try to do to close them.

There is a chance that you have a defective handset. How long ago did you get it?
    04-21-11 02:13 PM
    Open apps are home screen, clock????, phone, messages, browser. What is messages referring to? ext messages or BBM messages? I have had to put a block on the pin in the firewall because the pin is locked to a previous user and I was getting his messages.
    04-22-11 01:25 PM
    So no takers on this one then?
    04-25-11 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD