02-22-10 08:35 AM
27 12
tools
    First, I'm AT&T running .442 (so I'd have to wipe and downgrade before going to the store) I've talked to three tech support reps so far no help there.

Through wifi I am getting emails, bbm, all browsers work, etc. ALL DATA WORKS.

Through mobile network alone, no BIS data works. No email, no bbm, regular browser and bolt won't load, but AT&T media net and opera mini 5 DO load. All third party apps set to TCP/IP also work. 3G shows, BB logo shows, full signal, services status show everything on.

Have tried multiple battery pulls, re-registration through host routing (message: successful), resending service books, (which I am only able to do over wifi but it changes nothing) and various combinations of all of the above.

This problem just started today.
    The only change I have made was the addition of podtrapper 2 days ago, I mentioned to tech support that I have been using a large amount of data but they say my account doesn't show any restrictions. I asked about provisions, (I don't know what those are but it's the only new word a forum search turned up) They said my provisions are normal.

Everything looks like it should work but it just doesn't. I think I have given all the details I can think of. Does this sound like something any of the veterans here can pinpoint? (I'm really not in the mood to downgrade just to upgrade again after something that's probably not my phone is fixed)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 04:59 AM
    i kinda had a similar issue a while back... i would have the BB symbol there and 3G there but no data would work thru BIS at all, and Rogers did everything on there end and nothing would work...

how i resolved the issue was to do a complete wipe with JL_cmder and reload the OS from scratch... i had to delete all traces of DM and the device operating system from my PC. then i installed DM again and then the OS i wanted to load onto the device. I did a wipe, made sure that 507 appeared, did a battery pull, made sure again 507 appeared... and then i simply loaded the OS files back on. (i recommend the latest OS which you can find at the top of the 9700 section).

tho are my suggestions... you have done everything else under the moon and nothing has worked so therefore i believe this is the last option... i know you said at the beginning you did a wipe and reload, but please do it the way i did it as it worked for me lol...

maybe someone else might have some more ideas but thats what i got .... i'll monitor this thread to see if there is anything else that comes to mind... good luck
    02-20-10 05:11 AM
    I had the same problem once. It was network data failure. However if everyone else's device is working but not yours, do a wipe and reinstall like what C_86 above said. BIS is beyond user control, do if othes experience service failure too, then do not fret. Just check if data service is also working.
    02-20-10 07:17 AM
    I had the same issue last night. Soft reset, hard reset, turning off connection, resent service books and also just trying EDGE did not work. I am also running .422. Called ATT and after 20 minutes I was back up and running. They had to kick me totally off the network, pull battery, run diagnostic test in managed connections and finally started to work.

Good luck!

02-20-10 07:43 AM
    having this same issue since yesterday. everything works fine if i have my wifi on but i won't get emails/bbm messages or get online if my wifi is off.
    02-20-10 10:11 AM
    I have the same problem with my 9700 since yesterday. I tried my SIM in another BB and worked fine, but nothing in my 9700. I have done everything, but nothing is working, i am running out of ideas now.
    02-20-10 01:46 PM
    I will call tech support later today with a different phone and ask them to reset my account. Will post back if it works.

02-20-10 03:14 PM
    hey , can anyone help me. i have the blackberry bold 9700 and my camera doesnt work! it keeps saying to stop the other applications and then to retry again
    02-20-10 03:17 PM
    i kinda had a similar issue a while back... i would have the BB symbol there and 3G there but no data would work thru BIS at all, and Rogers did everything on there end and nothing would work...

how i resolved the issue was to do a complete wipe with JL_cmder and reload the OS from scratch... i had to delete all traces of DM and the device operating system from my PC. then i installed DM again and then the OS i wanted to load onto the device. I did a wipe, made sure that 507 appeared, did a battery pull, made sure again 507 appeared... and then i simply loaded the OS files back on. (i recommend the latest OS which you can find at the top of the 9700 section).

tho are my suggestions... you have done everything else under the moon and nothing has worked so therefore i believe this is the last option... i know you said at the beginning you did a wipe and reload, but please do it the way i did it as it worked for me lol...

maybe someone else might have some more ideas but thats what i got .... i'll monitor this thread to see if there is anything else that comes to mind... good luck
    Tried that right now, didn't work...

I tried a friends SIM on my 9700 and didn't worked neither. So i am guessing the problem is the phone (And I can't understand why) or my PIN
    02-20-10 03:17 PM
    I will call tech support later today with a different phone and ask them to reset my account. Will post back if it works.

I will be waiting for you post. Tried that 2 and didn't work for me. Good luck anyways
    02-20-10 03:19 PM
    A lot of people having the same problem with the same device on the same timetable I think is something on AT&T's end. On the phone with them (again) right now...

02-20-10 04:31 PM
    Well balls. Nothing.

It looks like the only solution will be a phone replacement. Maybe blackberry support can help, but I doubt it. Tomorrow I'll downgrade back to official OS and research if there's any way BlackBerry may have banned my pin or something, but if not I'll probably be tradin' down for a refurb next week.

I hate refurbs. I **KNOW** there's nothing wrong with my phone.

02-20-10 05:28 PM
    Well balls. Nothing.

It looks like the only solution will be a phone replacement. Maybe blackberry support can help, but I doubt it. Tomorrow I'll downgrade back to official OS and research if there's any way BlackBerry may have banned my pin or something, but if not I'll probably be tradin' down for a refurb next week.

I hate refurbs. I **KNOW** there's nothing wrong with my phone.

Yeah, I have the same feeling. I know that my phone is perfect, but something is wrong on the carrier/rim side.

I hate this
    02-20-10 06:41 PM
    Several BB users in my area (WV) are having the same problem so I has to be RIM and the carrier not the phone. This happened in my area about 2 months ago. It lasted about 3 days. I will wait it out before losing my Bold 9700. I can still call and text but nothing else.
    02-20-10 07:39 PM
    The problem must be RIM. I have an AT&T branded 9700, but I am outside the USA.
    02-20-10 08:53 PM
    scan the forums everyone, lots of people reporting a BIS outage today
    02-20-10 09:29 PM
    I am in the same boat however when I put my sim into my 9000 bold or my curve emails work fine along with everything else I have a thread called big trouble for att 9700 users i just reloaded my OS with no luck!! I do not want a refurb not sure what phone to get!!
    02-20-10 11:17 PM
    This is a RIM issue, not a device issue. Your phones are (likely) not defective.
    02-21-10 12:08 AM
    I am in the same boat however when I put my sim into my 9000 bold or my curve emails work fine along with everything else I have a thread called big trouble for att 9700 users i just reloaded my OS with no luck!! I do not want a refurb not sure what phone to get!!
    Same problem with me. I am now using an old 8310

Hope this problem is solved
    02-21-10 09:42 AM
    Has anyone gotten this fixed yet? I am hoping very much that it's a temporary problem and will blow over so I can hold out a few days if that's the case

02-21-10 03:35 PM
    My boyfriend and I both have our 9700s through AT&T. His email/internet is working fine, while mine has been non-functional since yesterday afternoon. Mine started acting up after I ran the software update through the Desktop Manager, whereas he hasn't updated the software since we got our phones last month. Grr. I really hope this gets resolved soon. I might as well have my crappy little Nokia phone again at this rate!
    02-21-10 03:37 PM
    I just got off the phone with RIM support. I was comforted to know that this is a known issue affecting a few of us and there are engineers working on it, so I'm passing that along.

02-21-10 04:09 PM
    This has been fixed for me now. If you were having this problem as well, try a battery pull. I am VERY relieved that I won't need to swap down for that refurb.

Good times.

02-21-10 09:17 PM
    Mine is working again.
    02-21-10 09:26 PM
    Sweet, mine just started working again too.
    02-21-10 09:27 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD