I am fairly technology savy but I am just not wrapping my head around my bb.
    I am with Fido. I have City Fido+6 Gig data+Value Pack and spend about $100 per month. I have an unlocked Curve that I use operamini with because I could never find the bb browser. I was told that as far as service books and browser configuration, I would never be able to get that without BIS but now I am being told that BIS has nothing to do with it. I want to be able to stream and browse and download and get my email but for the most part I can only browse. Can someone clear this all up for me please.

Thanks
    02-06-09 10:48 AM
    Pretty sure You can't get service books and email without BIS. If you have data you should be able to stream, but I don't know anything about Fido.
    02-06-09 10:54 AM
    Fido, a subsidiary of Rogers Wireless, is the Western Regional discount carrier. Fido has never supported BlackBerry.

There is no problem using an unlocked GSM BlackBerry for voice and SMS, but there is no access to BlackBerry Internet Services.

now I am being told that BIS has nothing to do with it. ...
    BIS is the critical infrastructure that enables email, messages and browsing. You had it correct the first time.

02-06-09 11:02 AM
    Just call Fido and ask them to change your 6gb data plan to the 6gb Blackberry data plan.
    02-06-09 02:11 PM
    Fido now does support Blackberry. Actually this starts on Feb 4 2008. Just go to the fido bis page and create an account. All data plans work with bis other then the unlimited browsing plan.
    And fido also used to support BIS half a year ago.
    02-06-09 02:42 PM
    call fido and theres a code they put in and it activates the BIS at least thats how rogers is browse on howardforums rogers section the code is there but im not sure if its the same code!
    02-06-09 02:59 PM
    Fido now does support Blackberry. Actually this starts on Feb 4 2008. Just go to the fido bis page and create an account. All data plans work with bis other then the unlimited browsing plan.
    And fido also used to support BIS half a year ago.
    Sweet! I stand corrected.

02-06-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD