Bought used BB been trying to create BIS account. Keeping getting message phone already registered with other provider(Verizon). I have ATT, need help getting BIS. Any seggustions
    02-24-09 10:48 PM
    Sounds like you bought a used BB and the PIN is still registered to the old VZW customer. Call ATT they can probably get RIM to release the PIN
    02-24-09 10:55 PM
    Bought used BB been trying to create BIS account. Keeping getting message phone already registered with other provider(Verizon). I have ATT, need help getting BIS. Any seggustions
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    It sounds like you bought a locked phone; if you bought it from someone you know; you can ask them to call and get it unlocked. If you are unable to get AT&T to have Verizon release it, you may have to look into purchasing an unlock code. I don't know much about it except that you should be really careful as there are only so many times a code can be tried before the phone is locked to the original carrier forever.

Again, Welcome to Crackberry,

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 11:31 PM
    I would have to agree with everyone on here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 11:35 PM
    How is this possible? ATT and Verizon are on two totally different networks: GSM vs CDMA.
    I don't think what you are trying to do is going to work. You need GSM blackberry.

02-24-09 11:36 PM
    I hope we are talking about a Storm here, because it is the only VZW BB compatible (sorta) with ATT. Also realize on ATT the Storm would not be 3G, as it does not have the proper GSM 3G radios, just the Edge and lower (in the US that is).
    02-24-09 11:40 PM
    So, how could the Storm be compatible (sorta) on Verizon? What about Sprint?

02-24-09 11:42 PM
    So, how could the Storm be compatible (sorta) on Verizon? What about Sprint?

The Storm has CDMA & GSM, it's a what VZW calls a world phone. It comes with a SIM card that makes it usable on Vodafone in europe. BUT if you get it unlocked then you can put other SIM cards in it. I said sorta because in the US it would not be 3G, since RIM did not include the US GSM 3G radios, just the Edge ones (which are the same as the euro ones, the 3Gs ones in europe are different and ARE in the Storm). So with an unlocked Storm you can put an ATT or Tmo SIM card in it and get Edge data speed. You would also need to send the servivce books to get all the data features. You can NOT get it to work on Sprint since they are CDMA, and no one has been able to figure out how to make it work yet.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-24-09 at 11:58 PM.
    02-24-09 11:55 PM
    Wow. Learned something new tonight about the Storm. Thanks Pkcable. Too bad you couldn't use the sim card from a Sprint 8830 world phone in an unlocked CDMA. That would just be too simple.

02-25-09 12:06 AM
    Not exactly. The storm is GSM/CDMA, but the GSM portion won't work on domestic networks, only international networks.

If the OP is trying to activate ANY verizon phone on ATT, it won't work.
    02-25-09 02:20 PM
    Maybe its a newer cooler bb that none of us have heard of yet.

02-25-09 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD