I think BIS was upgraded last night.
    There's now an option to sync contacts with Yahoo!
    06-20-10 01:21 PM
    how do you find if out if you can sync contacts with yahoo
    06-20-10 02:06 PM
    I would also like to know. I'm currently using a defective 8520 and will be exchanging it for a new one tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 02:11 PM
    If you go to your email set up, highlight your yahoo account, edit it, then scroll to the bottom option where you can sync deleted items, you should also see an item for contacts.
    06-20-10 02:13 PM
    Yes, what drm said.
    You can also do it through your BIS account.

The syncing doesn't seem to work for Rogers emails though (which uses the Yahoo servers). Anyone else have luck with their @rogers.com email addresses?
    06-20-10 04:59 PM
    If you go to your email set up, highlight your yahoo account, edit it, then scroll to the bottom option where you can sync deleted items, you should also see an item for contacts.
    I set this up for my phone and my wife's yesterday.
    I had an additional step - it told me to go through the e-mail client setup on the Blackberry to enable the address book sync.

The fine print says that it syncs every four hours, although from what I could tell, it looked like it might sync more often than that, especially if you make changes from the Blackberry.

The one thing I did notice is that it had trouble with "special characters", and converted them to HTML code instead. It then duplicated those entries on the BB and on my yahoo. Manually fixing those entries cleaned it up.

It also pops up a warning when you try to sync with the Desktop Manager, saying that the Address Book is now configured to sync OTA. It then goes ahead and turns off the Address Book sync through the Desktop Manager.
    06-22-10 07:50 AM
    Noamparn, I had the same issues aswell.
    The fine print does say 4 hour. So does the KB article. But I think you're right. Whenever I make a change on my device or in Yahoo it seems to sync within a matter of minutes.
    The BIS 3.1 documentation says there are two types of contact sync: Polling and Real Time Delivery.
    With Yahoo, it might be Real Time?
    I know when I tested this feature with Gmail, sync was indeed every 4 hours.

Now all we need is for RIM to fix the broken two-way email sync with Yahoo and deliver on the calendar sync later in the year!
    06-23-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD