I've had my Bold for about a month now. I absolutely love the device, but I can't help but think that email is TOO simple on my BB. I love the fact that all my email accounts are PUSHed basically instantly. But the problem is that the email app is too simple. I can't see emails before bb registration, undelete emails, there's no two way sync, and there's no folder support. I use gmail as my primary email account, and my school email is forwarded to gmail. I am extremely dependent on my labels to help me organize my personal emails and emails for each of my classes. I know I can use gmail app as an alternative, but I do lose PUSH functionality, and it doesn't change the fact that the BB OS is somewhat TOO simple.

The same problem goes for the Calendar. I have multiple calendars on google, based on my classes and personal life, yet the BB calendar only supports sync for the main calendar. I can't even create my own calendar on the Calendar app itself.

Is BB planning on making some improvements to the OS?
    Last edited by gbadude; 02-10-09 at 09:33 PM.
    02-10-09 09:30 PM
    I use rules on my desktop to help sort my email. I don't use gmail to my BB and it is different, but on my work email since it sits on an exchange server the rules all happen before I see it on my BB. So I send all emails to a 2nd inbox which allows me to delete them off of my BB as I receive or deal with them.

Calendars I haven't figured out yet.

Tom
    02-10-09 09:53 PM
    Another thing, I haven't found it, but is there a way to type new e-mails using any kind of html code such as italics, bold, underline, font-size, etc...? Kind of OT, but sorta related..
    02-10-09 09:55 PM
    Is BB planning on making some improvements to the OS?
    No, because it is working exactly as intended. The Blackberry is meant as an on-the-go communication device, not a replacement for your PC.

As you said, the GMail app gives you access to all of your Gmail needs. BIS gives you that on-the-go functionality. It may not be ideal, but I'm sure RIM has no desire to change their OS to cater to the many types of web-based email.
    02-10-09 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD