I sold my blackberry, now the person who bought says that he needs username and password in order to create/manage emails on device

i believe this is BIS username and password

but i do not know the username and password so i have to call my provider for it.

so is it safe to give out username and password once i find out?

is BIS bound to the cell unit or the plan?

if i get another blackberry, it would create another BIS account?

thanks.
    12-02-10 11:39 PM
    hi

didnt you configure your BB to receive emails (via BIS)?
    someone needs to call the carrier to have the Pin released so the new user can create his/her own account in the BIS portal
    12-03-10 02:16 AM
    Do NOT give that information out to the new owner.

Simply call your carrier and have them release the PIN from their BIS. Then the new owner can add the device to their own BIS.

If you get a new BlackBerry, you can create a new account or use the old one if it is still active.
    12-03-10 05:55 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I called my provider and asked to remove the pin from my BIS

but he said the pin I gave him was not registered to any of fido BIS accounts

Is this possible?

I was the only user of the phone, I handheld wipe factory reset'd it before I sell.

Phone was originally from Rogers but I unlocked it.

And I asked Fido if account could be registered to Rogers, he said no.

Any ideas?
    12-03-10 10:59 AM
    Network blocked
    12-03-10 11:09 AM
    Network blocked

so what is that mean?

how can I solve this issue?
    jubby71 likes this.
    12-03-10 11:12 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    I called my provider and asked to remove the pin from my BIS but he said the pin I gave him was not registered to any of fido BIS accounts
    Is this possible?
    I was the only user of the phone, I handheld wipe factory reset'd it before I sell.
    Phone was originally from Rogers but I unlocked it.
    And I asked Fido if account could be registered to Rogers, he said no.
    Any ideas?
    Do you not have the PIN recorded somewhere? Perhaps in a backup on your computer? In your software account on CrackBerry.com? Anything like that?

If the device was active on your account, you should have access to the number. ??

Unfortunately, now your story sounds fishy.
    12-03-10 06:53 PM
    Do you not have the PIN recorded somewhere? Perhaps in a backup on your computer? In your software account on CrackBerry.com? Anything like that?

If the device was active on your account, you should have access to the number. ??

Unfortunately, now your story sounds fishy.
    I don't understand where you are getting at.

My PIN recorded somewhere? no I added 3 people on bbm when I was using the phone. Upon handheld wipe, I'm sure those are removed. Can you be more clear on this as how this affects my case?

If this device was active on my account (BIS?), I should have access to the number?? which number? PIN? what do you mean access to PIN?

Person I sold the phone to is having trouble adding emails because it's asking for username and password. He said bbm and other things work fine. As you suggested, I called Fido to have PIN released from account, but the guy told me they do not have record of PIN anywhere on their network.

My story sounds fishy? O_o
    12-04-10 09:14 AM
    Well, Fido is saying that the PIN you gave them is not associated with your account. If you set up BIS on your account with that device, then something is wrong because the PIN would be recorded there. That's why it sounds fishy.

And yes, you should have the number. Did you ever do a backup to a computer? Did you ever purchase any apps? The PIN would be there. What about those three people on BBM, is your old BlackBerry PIN showing in your contact information on their BlackBerry Address Book.
    12-04-10 09:33 AM
    Well, Fido is saying that the PIN you gave them is not associated with your account. If you set up BIS on your account with that device, then something is wrong because the PIN would be recorded there. That's why it sounds fishy.

And yes, you should have the number. Did you ever do a backup to a computer? Did you ever purchase any apps? The PIN would be there. What about those three people on BBM, is your old BlackBerry PIN showing in your contact information on their BlackBerry Address Book.
    Okay, the way I added emails, I went to Setup and Email, then added. I assume that's the setting up BIS for your emails yes?

And if you are asking whether I have the correct PIN for this device, yes I do. I even have IMEI for it because I unlocked it and it was in my email. And I did download free apps but never bought anything. And of course the PIN I gave the Fido guy, is the same PIN.

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just annoyed because I cant sold this problem.

Thanks
    12-04-10 09:51 AM
    The new user needs to use their own username and password with their own working email account. If they wish to receive email on the phone.
    It's nothing you should help them with.
    12-04-10 09:54 AM
    He said bbm and other things work fine. ...
    Did you remove your Fido SIM card?

I suspect there is some confusion, the new owner must have a BlackBerry Internet Service plan attached to their account. Once that is available, they will be prompted to create a new BIS account to configure their services.

Your BIS account is Username@Fido.BlackBerry.com. Log on from a PC and verify your PIN number has been released.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=fido

12-04-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD