Over the last 2 weeks or so, twice i have received a message in the form of an e-mail to my BB device that I must:

"Update the password for (e-mail address) in the BlackBerry Internet Service! E-Mail messages from (e-mail address) are not being delivered to your BlackBerry device. To resume receiving messages from this E-Mail address, update the password..."

This is for an Outlook based E-Mail account.

Any reason why this is happening and how I can avoid it happening again?
    05-05-10 10:45 AM
    I would first make sure that this is in fact the case and not a phishing attempt. Send yourself a message from another PC and see if it comes through.
    05-05-10 12:33 PM
    Thanks. I looked into it. The problem seems to be on my work server. Whenever they do back-up of the server this will happen.

Every two weeks like clockwork.
    05-05-10 12:35 PM
    we have an exchange server that goes offline every other night, (it seems) and i get those messages, or a similar one from BIS all the time. So much so, I have BIS as a shortcut on my bb. LOL
    05-05-10 12:40 PM
    A shortcut sounds like a good idea, as I will be needing to do this regularly, it seems.

Thanks.
    05-05-10 12:44 PM
    The email setup icon in your setup folder does the same task for verifying the password and is an app on your phone instead of logging into the web interface.

I find it's much quicker to use from the blackberry than trying to log into the BIS web interface.
    (If you don't see it the turn on show all to see hidden icons)
    05-05-10 05:29 PM
    we have an exchange server that goes offline every other night, (it seems) and i get those messages, or a similar one from BIS all the time. So much so, I have BIS as a shortcut on my bb. LOL
    That's pretty much what EMail Setup is on every BB. lol
    05-05-10 09:34 PM
    The email setup icon in your setup folder does the same task for verifying the password and is an app on your phone instead of logging into the web interface.

I find it's much quicker to use from the blackberry than trying to log into the BIS web interface.
    (If you don't see it the turn on show all to see hidden icons)
    Thanks for pointing out that info.
    05-06-10 12:50 AM
    That's pretty much what EMail Setup is on every BB. lol
    Yes, thanks for that info.
    I suppose I should have clarified for everyone; i hide all but 5 of my icons and use Quicklaunch so I really DO use a shortcut to BIS.
    Hope my non-conformity doesn't upset the apple cart too much around here. LOL
    05-06-10 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD