Okay guys. I have to get help from you guys now, cause the Rogers reps are keeping blaming the routerS I tried. And, they even told me Email would never go through wifi but only over their mobile network.

Everything started since last Saturday when they changed my data plan in order to fix a billing problem.... Ever since then, my WiFi logo turned grey and a white dash in the connection manager instead of the green check mark.

I have a BB 9000 on OS 5.0.692.

What I have tried:
    1. Connect to other wireless network at work, and 2 other open wireless at my neighbours.
    2. Swapped my SIM card to a newer one Rogers mailed me months ago when I got the Bold
    3. Swapped my SIM to another Rogers branded bold with OEM settings (OS 4.6.192)
    4. Tried re-registered HRT several times and after each try above.
    5. Tried to deleted wifi related entries in service book and restarted BB.

The only thing I didn't try is in one of the postings here to get the engineering and mod there since some replies said it didn't work. Also, since I tried on another Bold with the same issue.

Could anybody give me some hints? Or, at least how to convince Rogers it's their fault?

My understanding is in WiFi Options - WiFi Tools - WiFi Diagnostics, it shows under BlackBerry Infrastructure a red X after Connecting. That is, I'm not getting BIS over WiFi (which a Rogers rep claims that it never will!!!)

Currently, I can still browse internet with wifi on and mobile network off, but I'm not able to send/receive BIS emails or PIN/BBM anybody.

I hope I'm clear here. Please help! Thanks in advance.
    06-04-10 11:47 PM
    I can confirm that an active BIS account can go through WiFi as I had an issue with my Wind account last week.

For $hits and giggles I just turned off my mobile network connection but kept my wifi on and did a hard reboot. When the phone booted back up Blackberry Infrastructure had a green check marks on all three boxes!!

You mentioned the problem start last week when the changed your data plan. What was the issue and what did they do exactly to solve the billing issue?
    06-05-10 12:36 PM
    Okay guys. I have to get help from you guys now, cause the Rogers reps are keeping blaming the routerS I tried. And, they even told me Email would never go through wifi but only over their mobile network.

Everything started since last Saturday when they changed my data plan in order to fix a billing problem.... Ever since then, my WiFi logo turned grey and a white dash in the connection manager instead of the green check mark.

I have a BB 9000 on OS 5.0.692.

What I have tried:
    1. Connect to other wireless network at work, and 2 other open wireless at my neighbours.
    2. Swapped my SIM card to a newer one Rogers mailed me months ago when I got the Bold
    3. Swapped my SIM to another Rogers branded bold with OEM settings (OS 4.6.192)
    4. Tried re-registered HRT several times and after each try above.
    5. Tried to deleted wifi related entries in service book and restarted BB.

The only thing I didn't try is in one of the postings here to get the engineering and mod there since some replies said it didn't work. Also, since I tried on another Bold with the same issue.

Could anybody give me some hints? Or, at least how to convince Rogers it's their fault?

My understanding is in WiFi Options - WiFi Tools - WiFi Diagnostics, it shows under BlackBerry Infrastructure a red X after Connecting. That is, I'm not getting BIS over WiFi (which a Rogers rep claims that it never will!!!)

Currently, I can still browse internet with wifi on and mobile network off, but I'm not able to send/receive BIS emails or PIN/BBM anybody.

I hope I'm clear here. Please help! Thanks in advance.
    I have the same issue like you. I firmly believe it is Rogers. They have changed my data plan to value pack. I called them twice. I am tempted to call them again, but like you what do i tell them?

Bold007
    06-05-10 02:12 PM
    Forgot to mention I did try the Engineering screen, did not work for me.
    06-05-10 02:14 PM
    I can confirm that an active BIS account can go through WiFi as I had an issue with my Wind account last week.

For $hits and giggles I just turned off my mobile network connection but kept my wifi on and did a hard reboot. When the phone booted back up Blackberry Infrastructure had a green check marks on all three boxes!!

You mentioned the problem start last week when the changed your data plan. What was the issue and what did they do exactly to solve the billing issue?
    Thanks for your reply! I'm gonna to give it a try tonight. I had $35 BB VP with Rogers before but they were charging me for txt msg although it's clearly included in the VP. They said they had to re-add the VP, which is $40 now and gave me $5 credit. Ever since then, I got no solid/green checkmark wifi!
    06-06-10 03:21 PM
    Thanks for your reply! I'm gonna to give it a try tonight. I had $35 BB VP with Rogers before but they were charging me for txt msg although it's clearly included in the VP. They said they had to re-add the VP, which is $40 now and gave me $5 credit. Ever since then, I got no solid/green checkmark wifi!
    The battery pull didn't work. I guess I'll have to keep calling Rogers!
    06-08-10 12:26 AM
    I called to-day. Still no go. She emailed the instruction how to reload the software. I did not do it because I did already. The rep. mentioned wifi is not control by Rogers??

Pls post if anyone succeeds.
    06-09-10 07:49 PM
    Has anyone tried doing a backup, wiping with BBSAK and installing the OS from scratch?

If you do, do not restore anything until you see if you can get WiFi working, if it works then restore.
    06-09-10 08:35 PM
    Has anyone tried doing a backup, wiping with BBSAK and installing the OS from scratch?

If you do, do not restore anything until you see if you can get WiFi working, if it works then restore.
    I have the same problem good Wi-Fi connection but no BIS over Wi-Fi service. Ive tried to wipe my device as advised by a Rogers tech. As one would expect, this has not helped. My wiped device can establish a perfect Wi-Fi connection and able to browse Internet through Wi-Fi, but the Wi-Fi logo on BBs screen is grayed (not able to connect BlackBerry Infrastructure through Wi-Fi).
    06-10-10 05:54 PM
    Did you use BBSAK to wipe or did you do the wipe from the security screen? If the later, no, you didn't wipe it at all, try again and do it with BBSAK.
    06-10-10 06:00 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's Rogers. It turned grey on the day they changed my data plan!
    06-10-10 10:38 PM
    Did you use BBSAK to wipe or did you do the wipe from the security screen? If the later, no, you didn't wipe it at all, try again and do it with BBSAK.
    Could you explain what is the difference between wiping by BBSAK and "Options --> Security Options --> Security Wipe"? Rogers' tech advised me to use the latter way...
    06-11-10 08:06 PM
    Could you explain what is the difference between wiping by BBSAK and "Options --> Security Options --> Security Wipe"? Rogers' tech advised me to use the latter way...
    BBSAK wipes your phone, removing everything including the OS. It leaves you with a totally dead phone until you load a new OS or re-load the current one. Compare it to formatting the hard drive on your PC.

The security wipe really doesn't wipe, it only removes your personal information. It's great if you sell your phone and worthless for any other purpose. It leaves you with a totally functional phone but w/o your contacts, calendar, saved messages, etc.
    Compare it to deleting your contacts, calendar and any saved emails on your PC.
    06-12-10 01:41 PM
    I did bbsak and using 743. same issue.
    06-12-10 03:56 PM
    BBSAK wipes your phone, removing everything including the OS. It leaves you with a totally dead phone until you load a new OS or re-load the current one. Compare it to formatting the hard drive on your PC.

The security wipe really doesn't wipe, it only removes your personal information. It's great if you sell your phone and worthless for any other purpose. It leaves you with a totally functional phone but w/o your contacts, calendar, saved messages, etc.
    Compare it to deleting your contacts, calendar and any saved emails on your PC.
    Thank you, xs11e!
    06-14-10 11:29 AM
    It has to do with the data plan. Operators around the world block the use of BIS thru WIFI/Internet access. I beleive it costs them money to maintain Blackberry infrastructure and hence restrict its use depending on the data plan you choose.
    Monopolistic practice.

Have experienced it over Etisalat in the UAE and Airtel In India. Read somewhere that Vodaphone do the same.
    06-14-10 01:57 PM
    I think it has nothing to do with the plan. I'm in Spain, Vodafone, unlimited plan, it not work. We have 3 phones, 8520, 8900 and 9520, all the same (previously working ok)

Today some family came to my home, she has Movistar with limited plan and she got wifi without problem.

In my case I think it is a Vodafone problem with RIM.
    06-14-10 04:39 PM
    I get the grey and white logo TOO MUCH!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD