Hi everyone!

This is my first post so i shall try not to sound to stupid!

I have a bit of a problem with my emails being sent to my Storm.

I have three email addresses that i use. One for my ISP, one from my website and one for work.

I have set all these up in BIS and all seemed fine to start with.

My work email connects using OWA and works perfectly.

The other two both set themselves up using IMAP.

I have been finding that not all my emails on my two personal email addresses get forwarded on the my Storm. There doesnt seem to be a pattern to it. Just some emails sync and others dont. The size of the email, who its from, whether it has attachments all seem to have no effect on whether they get sent.

I had a bit of a play with the settings in BIS and re-setup my ISP email using POP3 instead of IMAP and it now seems to be working perfectly.

I went to do this to my websites email but i have hit a bit of a stumbling block. My hosting company has both pop3 and imap using the same server name. ie. mail.website.co.uk. no matteer how i try and set up the email in BIs it always configures it using IMAP.

I have a couple of questions. First does it seem likely that using IMAP instead of POP3 is the cause of emails not being forwarded? Has anyone seem this happening before? Is there anyway to force BIS to use POP3 instead of IMAP?

Many thanks
    Mike
    08-25-09 10:05 AM
    I'm not sure that IMAP is the culprit necessarily. In my experience, IMAP is definitely the better way to go.
    That being said, have you re-sent your service books lately?

There are 2 ways to do this:
    -Either log in to your carrier's BIS website (I'm not sure what the link is for Vodafone users)
    -Or on your Storm, go to Email Settings, then there's a Menu options to send service books.

This is something you should do periodically, it basically keeps your email running smooth. I try to do it once every 7-10 days..but you should at least do it monthly.

Let me know if this helps.
    08-25-09 10:30 AM
    Hi, Thanks for your reply.

Ive been resending my service books on a daily basis after reading other posts on here that suggested resending them could help. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have made a difference so far.

Its all very odd. If i log into my webmail from a pc i can see unread emails in there that havent been sent to the BB so i resend the service books and they still dont come through. clicking the reconcile now link in the menu on my storm doesnt cause them to come through either. Its almost as if BIS cant see them

Thanks
    Mike
    08-25-09 10:45 AM
    Do they never come through at all?
    You are aware, there is a 15min/3 min polling interval, right?
    08-25-09 11:03 AM
    There's no way to force BIS to recognise the mail server as POP or IMAP if it's the same name.

My webhost has the same name for POP and IMAP and I just set my email three times on BIS. The first two times it set up as POP, the third time as IMAP yet I used exactly the same details each time.

I wouldn't suggest IMAP is the problem. Whatever resolution you do come it's not possible to force BIS to re-sync old mail to my knowledge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 11:05 AM
    The ones that dont come through, dont ever come though no matter what i try.

yup i know about the polling interval.
    08-25-09 11:06 AM
    BIS doesn't actually sync mail, it just pushes new mail from your inbox to your device. IMAP running under BIS does add sent items to your mailbox sent items but to get a true sync of the mailbox in it's entirety you'd need to be on BES

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 11:08 AM
    What providers are you using for the accounts that aren't working? Try setting up a gmail account or something like that, that in general has no problems syncing with a BB using IMAP to determine if the problem is for all IMAP accounts on your BB or specific to the two accounts you have set up now. To test it maybe have email from your non-syncing account(s) temporarily automatically forwarded to the gmail account and see if over a few days they all make it to you BB.
    08-25-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD