just an FYI, i noticed my email setup app was erroring out and not connecting for the last few hours and emails were NOT delivering/sending. i also noticed the BIS web portal was down for maintenance. looks like they updated the Email Application. probably nothing big, but you guys should log in and get it.

was 6.11.0216.1323 and im being prompted to install 6.11.0419.0755.

just in case anyone else is stuck not being able to log in, this is probably why.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 05-14-11 at 03:29 AM.
    MrObvious likes this.
    05-14-11 03:16 AM
    BTW i noticed i can receive emails, but sending isnt working. its just hanging. anyone else have this issue? guess im still waiting for the updates to finish. resending service books doesnt help.
    05-14-11 04:11 AM
    I can receive e-mails on my BB but sending them from my BB does not work for the past hour.
    I have re-sent service books and did the e-mail set-up upgrade to no avail.
    Anyone else having trouble sending e-mails that are not getting delivered?
    Last edited by tellsells; 05-14-11 at 03:42 PM.
    05-14-11 03:37 PM
    I can receive e-mails on my BB but sending them from my BB does not work for the past hour.
    I have re-sent service books and did the e-mail set-up upgrade to no avail.
    Anyone else having trouble sending e-mails that are not getting delivered?
    same thing was happening to me. i sent myself a test email this morning and i just checked it and saw it finally went through. i guess it was due to the update.
    05-14-11 03:51 PM
    I did the update and I can receive e-mails but any e-mail that I send from my BB does not get delivered!
    05-14-11 03:57 PM
    yea im still having issues. emails "send" but never get pushed to my phone properly.
    05-14-11 06:26 PM
    Bricked my phone... takes forever to load now and when it does, it's just a plain white background with text and a TON of java errors.

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
    05-14-11 06:36 PM
    Bricked my phone... takes forever to load now and when it does, it's just a plain white background with text and a TON of java errors.

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
    what bricked it? the update?
    05-14-11 06:51 PM
    Yup, never came back to life after I installed the update. Official OS, official update .. dead device. I'll restore it through desktop manager later, did the update on my Torch though and it went through fine.
    05-14-11 06:58 PM
    Strange thing happened with my usual bookmarked BIS link on the computer today. Warning came up saying the certificate's no good! This happened with both Firefox and IE. I ended up googling BIS and found a good, secure link to the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 07:07 PM
    I am surprised that no one else is posting problems.
    I can still only receive e-mails on my phone, but sent e-mails from my phone are not being received. (This all started happening after the e-mail set up update!)
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by tellsells; 05-14-11 at 08:00 PM.
    05-14-11 07:57 PM
    I bought a new BB Bolt from Verizon yesterday. Couldn't get the internet email set up. Today talked to tech support, they couldn't figure it out, finally told me to go back to the store and trade it in. Anyhow, same thing happened with the new one. The guy at the store finally found, and showed me, an internal update from RIM saying they were experiencing a server outage, no estimated return to service time. Mostly affecting emails and new setups.
    MM
    tsells likes this.
    05-14-11 08:06 PM
    Just downloaded fine for me.
    05-14-11 08:12 PM
    I am surprised that no one else is posting problems.
    I can still only receive e-mails on my phone, but sent e-mails from my phone are not being received. (This all started happening after the e-mail set up update!)
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Just sent and received fine, but I'm not sure what the update is that's being discussed.

05-14-11 08:37 PM
    Just sent and received fine, but I'm not sure what the update is that's being discussed.

See 1st Post:
    just an FYI, i noticed my email setup app was erroring out and not connecting for the last few hours and emails were NOT delivering/sending. i also noticed the BIS web portal was down for maintenance. looks like they updated the Email Application. probably nothing big, but you guys should log in and get it.

was 6.11.0216.1323 and im being prompted to install 6.11.0419.0755
    05-14-11 08:47 PM
    Have bricked my Telus 9700 three times today trying to get this update to let me get email access again. One day old device. I was really liking it up until this problem. Have been able to restore in the Mac Desktop, tried once on the Windows one and it did not work (figured since I was reinstalling anyway, why not try BB Boss and the latest leak).

I really hate that RIM does not let you do a full backup including apps. The backup forgets the order of my application shortcuts too.

Have my trusted iPhone 4 in the cupboard if I can't get this solved by Monday I'll exercise the return policy on the Bold.
    Last edited by lewdvig; 05-14-11 at 09:47 PM.
    05-14-11 09:43 PM
    you should be able to downgrade the email app using Apploader to the one that came with the installed OS. i just resent my service books and was finally able to send emails properly. things seem to be back to normal now.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 05-14-11 at 09:51 PM.
    05-14-11 09:48 PM
    you should be able to downgrade the email app using Apploader to the one that came with the installed OS. i just resent my service books and was finally able to send emails properly. things seem to be back to normal now.
    I just re-sent service books and received them with no problem. But when I send an e-mail it still doesn't get delivered.
    I might just wait until the AM and then decide whether to install new OS.
    05-14-11 09:58 PM
    Even on a clean install of the latest Telus OS6, when I try to setup mail I get prompted to upgrade - if I opt out it kicks me from the setup area. If I say yes I get compatibility warnings, passing these results in a reboot to white screen with list of apps and tons of java errors.

Device came with OS5. Not sure I like that option.
    05-14-11 10:06 PM
    Did the host routing tables and service books trick - no difference. Grrr.
    05-14-11 10:25 PM
    it seems sending emails are finally starting to work again. it may have just been a temporary thing.
    05-14-11 11:38 PM
    I tried to do the setup update and now it's just stuck on the loading screen. Full bar at bottom like it's done loading and getting ready to switch to at&t logo screen, but it never gets there. It just stays on the loading screen until my BB goes to sleep.

Did the email setup update just brick my Torch?!
    05-15-11 04:44 AM
    I tried to do the setup update and now it's just stuck on the loading screen. Full bar at bottom like it's done loading and getting ready to switch to at&t logo screen, but it never gets there. It just stays on the loading screen until my BB goes to sleep.

Did the email setup update just brick my Torch?!
    pull the battery again.
    05-15-11 05:11 AM
    pull the battery again.
    I did that several times before posting and tried 2 more times after posting. Still not getting beyond the loading screen with full bar.

Had to switch back to my iphone for now. Not happy.
    05-15-11 06:10 AM
    should just let it keep going. first bootup after installing new BIS stuff may take extra time to load. i mean, how long was it taking? might take up to 10 mins.
    05-15-11 07:20 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD